Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I don't want lines from liners

Posted by ms_minnamouse 7a (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 6:58

I don't want lines on all my tufa from the plastic bags used to line molds. But find that it's hard to get out of most molds without a bag liner, even if I used release spray/silicone lube spray. I know thinner plastic is supposed to make smaller lines, but again, I don't always want bag lines, even if they're small.

Any ideas to prevent lines? I'm hoping to avoid having to go back over and grind them away.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I don't want lines from liners

what material is the mould you are using?

o
RE: I don't want lines from liners

One option is a dry cleaner bag. It is very thin and can be laid very flat without the folds of the bottom of the bag.
Smooth plastic pots, spay with PAM cooking spray, and use a small flat hand trowel and water to remove.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here