Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Painted Rhubarb Leaf

Posted by doone (My Page) on
Fri, May 26, 06 at 10:51

I had fun playing last night. It turned out OK. Not at all like some of the leaves I've seen painted here...that are shiny and natural looking...but...I'm still pretty proud of it!

Do you think this is worth $45?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Painted Rhubarb Leaf

It's wonderful! Way better than my first leaf...isn't it an amazing feeling?

I don't have any advice on what to charge. I'm just not quite there yet. I haven't even painted anything yet, except for one of my lantern tops that was in my line of vision when I was staining an arbor.

Deb

o

Doone,
Wasn't painting fun, you can't make a mistake. You will come up with colors and textures that work for you.
As to pricing leaves, look around in your area and do some self analyzing of what you have made, and give yourself credit and worth for what you have accomplished. You will also have to price with size in mind also.
What is the gray item in the middle of the leaf?
Dena

o

Thanks! It was fun!!! There isn't anyone in my area doing this! So, I'm hoping to get a jump on everyone. Going to try to take some down to the Farmer's Market tomorrow. The gray item is a small silver glass gazing ball. I found them at Hobby Lobby..thought they might be an added bonus...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here