Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Release agent - bird bath bowl

Posted by doone (My Page) on
Thu, May 25, 06 at 11:56

Just a quick question

I'm making a cement bowl for a friends' birdbath that broke. We're using a plastic one (from Walmart) for a mold. What to use for release agent? Do I need a release agent? I'm hoping to just pour the cement into the mold and then cut away the plastic when it's set up.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Release agent - bird bath bowl

You can spray the bowl with PAM or wipe it with a thin coating of Vaseline. I have made cement planters using large plastic bowls & have been able to reuse the bowls many times. Good luck!

o

Thanks! I was wondering about WD40???

o
Release agent - bird bath bowl

I usually line mine with plastic bag, or spray with silicon spray or pam. You can use the mold over and over. I have messed up and had to cut the tufa out a few times :-(
bonnie

o

I usually use thin plastic as well..and I have used WD 40..both have worked very well for me..Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here