Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
about fiberglass

Posted by sparkway (My Page) on
Wed, May 24, 06 at 13:42

hi this is going to be my first attempt at hypertufa. i plan on making a planter from a plastic planter i have. from what i have read adding fibermesh seems to make it stronger. is fiberglass insulation useable? any other suggestions would be appreciated..i heard of quickwall and leaving out fiber altogether? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: about fiberglass

• Posted by packrat 7 north central GA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 26, 06 at 0:25

Hello Sparkway: Haven't any experience (yet) with the Quickwall but do know about fiberglass insulation in a mix. Save it for your attic ! Don't waste an otherwise good mix by adding insulation. Been there done that and it does not work.
Packrat

o

Keep it Simple

No need to add the Fibermesh to your first project - or any other small project. If you use the basic ingedients Portland Cement, Peat Moss and Perlite and carfeully add water your project will turn out fine.
Later experiment with extra ingedients, like admix and Fibermesh, .....

You will get a better ( stronger?) projects if you concentrate on not using too much water and allowing the finished product to cure slowy.

LOL Mike

o

Speaking of mesh...........has anyone seen this, looks interesting to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.nycon.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here