Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A place to put your umbrellas!

Posted by Buddyfly 4A/4B Ont (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 28, 05 at 1:07

Here is a tufa umbrella stand I made for a friend of mine. She wanted a stand that wouldn't topple over... and I think this is OVERKILL!! lol It is soooooooo HEAVY!!

These two pics are the armature I used. It was a bit tricky to get the tufa to stay put in the mesh but I managed. I am VERY patient! lol

Rock on folks! And lets see some more of your projects!

Marly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A place to put your umbrellas!

Hi Butterfly again. Love you umbrella stand even more than the vase. You really are very clever and have taken what is usually a boring item and made it snazzy. Might try and imitate it one day in the future.

o

Again elegant and wonderful.
yourfriend is very lucky to be able to spark your creativity and then you go for it.
I do not think it is an overkill at all. If she doesn't use it as an umbrella stand it looks like she could put a block of wood in the bottom and place a potted plant in (in the store pot) for display. A rudbekia, echinacea or sunflower would right at home.
Dena

o

What wonderful inside art! The shape is perfect and the carving/painting are too. The weight will keep umbrellas from tipping it over.

I agree with Dena that it would also make a great planter or vase for tall things. Branches cut from trees would work well in it.

Deb

o

Dena... GREAT idea for an alternate use! I will pass that on to her when I give her the stand. It still needs to be misted for a while if she decides to put it outside. I'll tell her to put a shade plant in it and keep it in the shade for another week or so. Thanks again! Hey, now I want to KEEP it for myself! lol As always... hard to part with our babies!

Marly

o

Beautiful as always. So many uses. I need more time in the day to start on some of these ideas. My "real" job is getting busier now so les time to play inthe mud.
Paws

o

What a great place to put your umbrellas, I really love the whole design. Cindy

o

That's really pretty, Marly. How did you get those nice straight sides? Slump usually takes over, but your umbrella stand looks perfect. (Working up in the space station again?) Nice work!
Jo

o

Marly, I just love that one! It would look good with dry branches of my curly willow!! Keep up the creativity!!! BB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here