Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of Newest 'Tufa Creations

Posted by QueenLaTufa 10 CA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 05 at 2:03

Hello again fellow Tufaneers. I'm still raising and planting my little bonsai trees, orchids, "lucky bamboo" and other plants.I'm always inventing and reinventing pots in which to plant the various plants I love.

If you'll recall, the first 'Cool Hand' pots were made using a rubber glove (see link below). I made and sold many of the "gloved" hand pots but the fingers kept breaking off. I now have this new latex form I purchased that has been very popular--it's a pair of cupped hands. Sometimes I throw a planted 'tufa pot inside the hands and other times I drill a hole at the bottom of the cupped hands and plant the tree right in the hands. Here's latest pictures:

,,Tufa,,On,,Fellow,,Tufaneers!

o\O/o

(*-*)

QLT

Here is a link that might be useful: First pots and gloved hand

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of Newest 'Tufa Creations

I love the cupped hands. Where did you get the mold?

o

Wonderful stuff. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

o

Hey , love your name too!! cool. You did great on the hands and pots!

o

I just ordered a book on Hypertufa. Can't wait to play. I will definately remember your "glove" idea. Super!

o

Salutations Queen Latufa!! Welcome back from a very NOTICED absence! I'm thrilled you are back making stuff and ... that you are SELLING stuff you made! Woo Hoo!!!

That is a fantastic idea for using that cupped hands mold you have. I might get into bonsai trees at some point in the near future. Looking forward to making my own bonsai planters too!

Marly

o

QueenLaTufa- Really nice work, Long time no hear. Ebay for the mold right. I have the same one. When I made my first casting I immediately thought of my Grandfather who had very large hands. There are so many uses for them, planter, globe holder(on my deck), water, seed, etc.
Paws

o

Hi all, thanks for such nice comments.

dellare, I purchased the mold from eBay from a seller by the name of "gostatue". The hands are a little more "chunky" than it showed on his picture but it's actually better because the final casting is stronger.

Rockhewer, thanks for your nice comment. I get my inspiration from you all sharing.

bigack, thanks for the complement, I love my 'tufa name too!

Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle, I hope you learn much from your book. If you've ever read the Kindergarden Essay by Robert Fulghum, it pertains to me and the Hypertufa Forum . . . He states, "ALL I EVER REALLY NEEDED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN: MOST OF WHAT I ... THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT I LEARNED: SHARE EVERYTHING. PLAY FAIR. DON'T HIT PEOPLE ... " but, EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT HYPERTUFA, I LEARNED BY READING AND ASKING QUESTIONS ON THE HYPERTUFA FORUM. Thanks again to all you wonderful 'Tufa Mentors out there.

Buddyfly, it's great to be back again. I so missed being here, seeing, reading and learning. Thank you so much for sharing so much of your stuff and allowing us to learn much from you. I hope you are able to work with bonsai trees, it's so rewarding. However, they're like little babies and puppies, you can't ignore them, when they're little, they require lots of care. I WANT TO GROW BONSAI TREES UNTIL THE DAY I CAN NO LONGER MOVE MY FEEBLE BODY, BUT EVEN THEN, I KNOW I'LL BE PRUNING AND POTTING THEM IN MY IMAGINATION!

paws4pets, Your comments came through just as I was doing the research to see if I could remember who the seller was on eBay (gostatue). You're right, there are so many uses for this mold. It was originally advertised as a birdfeeder but my little birdbrain automatically thought about my little trees and how cute they would look between the hands.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here