Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No more vermiculite!

Posted by Kim1947 z3 WI (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 05 at 13:46

Can't find any in our area! I only have about a quart now and I'm SO anxious to get some projects made before winter. One place will order it for me, $5 for 8 quarts, seems expensive! Does anyone know a good cheap online source?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No more vermiculite!

Call your local construction company suppliers or a swimming pool building contractor.
Ask where you can get get ZONOLITE vermiculite.
It is very cheap and available almost everywhere.
A 4 cubic foot bag is less than $15.

o

I got my BIG bag at our local Nursery.
Paws

o

Um, wasn't Zonolite the insulation that was on a W5 program about the asbestos that was contained in it???? Be careful what you buy!

Marly

o

Home building stores like HD and Menard's sell it in huge bags for attic insulation , for about $8 , found in the insulation dept of the store.
Plus you could follow one of those roundy-spinning concrete trucks. Some of them use vermiculite and/or perlite also.

I get mine thru a friend that has a nursery.

o

Thanks everybody for the input! We're about 100 miles from any big stores or nurseries, but I'll keep hunting.

o

Contact the University of Wisconsin
Tell them you want to make a concrete canoe.:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Vermiculite canoe anyone?.

o

I just bought a bag of vermiculite at Steins Garden Center in Waukesha 1 1/2 weeks ago. It was 8 quarts for $3.99. Hope that helps.

Aud

o

If you find ZONOLITE just make sure the bag isn't over 15 years old.:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here