Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
patio - thanks Linnea

Posted by myloki 7 Va (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 30, 05 at 16:26

Thanks to Linnea's inspiration, I came up with a way to blend my history stones patio pavers into the garden in an attractive harmony. I wanted the edges to curve along the bed lines but did not want to get into trying to cut the pavers so I tried Linnea's dry mix method imbedded with the plethora of river rocks we have on our property. I think it looks pretty nice if I say so myself. I can't wait to get some more pavers cast so I can expand the patio. I made a barrier between the dry mix and the pavers with cardboard because I did not want the pavers "mortared" in place. I will fill in the gap with sand.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: patio - thanks Linnea

Stephanie, that looks great! I'm honored. Looks like you had lots of fun!

o

Stephanie, I am going to do much the same when I get some free time. We are certainly indebted to you linnea for sharing your ideas. Adele

o

• Posted by dian57 M-H Valley NY-5 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 31, 05 at 4:27

Wow, that looks great, Stephanie. You deserve a big pat on the back.

o

Stephanie, Great job! Billie

o

Thanks for all the compliments. I can't wait to add on to it. It was a lot of fun to finally lay the pavers I had cast and of course the most exciting part was doing the dry mix and stone edging. I'm really happy with the look and hope it holds up well. Thanks again Linnea for sharing your great idea!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here