Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Specific Mask Recommendation?

Posted by heathmitch Sunset 21/22 CA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 18, 05 at 22:13

Hi, all --

I'm a newbie just getting started, and I'm a little confused about safety masks -- I scoured the safety aisle at HD today but couldn't find anything that said it was OK for silica. Web searched got similar results -- lots of talk about vapors and particle sizes and hobby applications, but nothing that specifically says, "put this on when you mix cement."

What brands/models of masks do y'all use?

-- Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Specific Mask Recommendation?

I like this one. It's cheap and comfortable and good for more than just dust. Those disposible masks never fit well and they really add up.
you should be able to find this model or one like it at many places.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mask

o
RE: Specific Mask Recommendation?

You might check out the Magic Arch N-95 mask that looks like a surgeon's mask. They come in a box of 35 for $25. They say they provide protection from tuberculosis, SAARS, & other airborne particulates (you would think that a virus would be smaller than cement particles). They adjust to any face shape (beards might be a problem).

You can see it at the site below, but you might be able to get it at a medical supply place near you & save shipping. A guy at another board was saying how much he likes them. I am going to find some, but don't have any personal info yet.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Magic Arch N-95 mask

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here