Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sphere

Posted by clairdo2 3 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 07 at 12:33

Covered my sphere with sealbond to hide the imperfections but it all cracked. how can i hide this.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sphere

I like the cracks, I would try to work around them. Possibly staining lightly and then sealing real well with a clear sealer until all the cracks are filled, and the surface is smooth.
Hoping all the cracks showed up.
I personally would keep the cracks.
Marcia

o

can't do that it's also peeling right off...

o

You covered a sphere (ball?) with the adhesive brandname "Seal Bond"? Is this a coating over something else? Billie

o

Yes it is a cement ball that I covered with seal bond and it is all coming off.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Maybe I missed something in another post.
Any details you can supply help.
Is this a sphere that you made? Was it cleaned and flaking paint removed? "Seal Bond" is the manufacturer, what product did you use and why? Why not a mortar mix or cement resurfacer? Details, details???? Billie

o

What was the weather like? Hot? Maybe the ball expanded and caused the cracking. Just trying to figure out why the cracks. Did you keep it misted while it was "curing"? Maybe it dried, rather than cured.

o

Yea probably dried too fast, didn't cover it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here