Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stone Circle

Posted by Myrdin none (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 12:50

I have mostly lurked here, only posting a couple of times. And, This project includes papercrete, regular concrete, Real stone and my own version of cementmache as well as Hypertufa, but since I found all my information by starting with This board, I'll post here.
Starting last Fall, and then doing most of this through Spring and Summer, I have built my own stone circle. I'll try and post a few pictures. I apologize in advance, My photography equipment is cheap and my skill non-existent.

*photos removed by poster*

I will be adding some stone-looking benches, plantings, maybe some mulch, a small water feature and a small fire feature next spring. I'll post updates, including the effects of Winter and any changes/repairs that I have to make.

This post was edited by Myrdin on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 16:32

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stone Circle

You have been having some fun. Wish your pics were better.

o

Well, my first update has come much sooner than I expected. 500lbs. of falling oak was enough to crack the *expletive* out of the hypertufa coating on the Eastern Trilithon and knock a few chunks out of the Styrofoam core. However, thanks I am sure to the rebar reinforcement, neither pillar nor the lintel broke. I will be recoating as soon as we have temperatures that consistently remain above 50 degrees at night (in other words, likely not until Spring).

o

awwww, sorry!

o

Thanks. It could have been a lot worse. I am kind of impressed that the foam held so well even with the rebar reinforcing.

o
New pics from New Camera

Same Lousy photographer though .....

photo IMG_0026.jpg

photo IMG_0025.jpg

photo IMG_0023.jpg

photo IMG_0005.jpg

photo IMG_0007.jpg

photo IMG_0008.jpg

photo IMG_0009.jpg

photo IMG_0010.jpg

photo IMG_0011.jpg

photo IMG_0012.jpg

photo IMG_0013.jpg

photo IMG_0014.jpg

photo IMG_0015.jpg

photo IMG_0016.jpg

photo IMG_0018.jpg

photo IMG_0019.jpg

photo IMG_0020.jpg

photo IMG_0021.jpg

Should have taken pictures of the snow .... it was Beautiful! But, too cold for my tastes. The sand-and-all-weather-adhesive mix I used as a temporary patch for the cracks caused by the falling limbs seems to have worked perfectly and I'll add more hypertufa over it in Spring. One more pic (not foggy and Not Photoshopped. apparently this is what happens when you exhale at the same time you snap a photo in cold weather, but I kind of like it):

photo IMG_0006.jpg

o
Stones in the Snow!

photo IMG_0093.jpg

photo IMG_0096.jpg

photo IMG_0097.jpg

photo IMG_0098.jpg

photo IMG_0099-1.jpg

o

I love it! Very creative.

o

This looks impressive "so far". Why don't you finish it? Don't be shy. It all looks impressive, not sure what you are trying to ultimately make , though.

o

I'm not shy. I just work 6 days a week. And, with first the incessant rains of the Spring followed by the Summer heat, I haven't had as much time to work on The Circle as I'd hoped. I do have the benches in, but unsurfaced. Until they are surfaced, they aren't much to look at, just 4 sets of four 24" by 18" patio pavers supported by ten 8" by 16" concrete blocks. When I get the chance to surface them, then I'll post a new set of pictures.

o

So, they still look like cinder blocks with pavers on top. :P

photo IMG_0177.jpg

photo IMG_0181.jpg

photo IMG_0182.jpg

photo IMG_0184.jpg

photo IMG_0187.jpg

They will provide good, sturdy seating when The Circle is used.

This post was edited by Myrdin on Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 23:18

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here