Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Very big concrete project!

Posted by running_dog Ireland (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 5, 11 at 5:04

As I mentioned in another thread, I just came across this forum by accident, after an absence of 6 years. Thought posters might be interested in seeing a very large project I've worked on in the meantime. It's ordinary concrete, not hypertufa, but the principles aren't that different.

Here is a link that might be useful: Project

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Very big concrete project!

I like the face. You have been working very hard.

o

Love the face!!!! Reminiscent of one of th sculptures in the The Lost Gardens of Heligan, near Mevagissey in Cornwall.

What is the Celestial Mountain Project? Couldn't find much other information on it.

o

Aloha, RD,
That is a terrific installation! Looks like it was formed over a very sturdy armature. Please tell us more about the project. I noticed that your works shown in 2006 pictures in this forum (no longer linked, though) had been praised very warmly by another great artist in 'crete arts - any chance you might repost a couple of those pics?
Many mahalos (thanks)!

o

WOW!!! This looks amazing!!! I am guessing that there will be a pathway to it....plantings...

o

That's pretty good, there is something like it in Pittsburgh Pa near the colleges and museums.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here