Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Selling Hypertufa planters

Posted by KLM422 none (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 13:14

Hello everyone,
This is my first post but I have been learning in the background for a little while now. I have been experimenting with hypertufa planters and now have too many to use and am thinking about selling some since I do craft fairs for other items I make. I am just wondering what the turn around time would be if I sell out of a particular size how long I would need to wait to make and sell another. Should I wait the whole 28 days until its "cured" or can I sell them after the first week or 2 where from what I have gathered here is when about 75% of the curing takes place. Thank you in advance for your input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Selling Hypertufa planters

2 weeks start to finish. Have fun!

o

If they look great they will sell. Everyone can go to the web and find a recipe and make one. At least that is what they will say when they walk by you stand.
They need to be better that they can make on their own Use color, tile insert - very professional looking will sell.

Have a few planted creatively and you may sell a few more.

Good luck

Here is a link that might be useful: My containers

o

I'm curious how people sell their wares non-local. I've found they are too heavy to ship... Craft fairs entrance fees can be pretty expensive. I just am having a hard time figuring out the best route for selling. Any ideas?

o

Get in touch with the local botanical gardens and plant sales for a good place to sell your troughs. The botanical gardens will deliver you a captive audience of plant folks. Lots of times local garden clubs have fund raising sales where you can set up for a nominal donation.

Sometimes you just have to load up the car/trailer and drive to sales. Don't get discouraged as sometimes the first year at a particular venue can be a bit dismal, but once people know you are going to be there, they will come looking for you year after year. Also, you'll figure out the size of trough and the price that seems to appeal to folks in your area. You can't please everyone -- the day you leave your large stuff at home is the day someone wants it, and vice versa.

I've never done real well at craft fairs as it just doesn't seem to be the right audience. Maybe it is different in other areas of the country. That being said, large Christmas Fairs can often be a great place to sell "Christmas presents for your gardening friends".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here