Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katishooked

Any Oz Fans Here

katishooked
15 years ago

Just had to post this. I have been A wizard Of Oz fan forever and have given that love to my 4 year old GD. My son don't understand this love. Could be a man thing??????? Anyway my GD and I are going to see the Wizard Of Oz play this sat. I've never been to play before. And she has no idea that we are going. Am excited. Should I be at ahem 56????? Oh well. I am. GD saw the tv ad this past weekend and asked mommy could she go see it??? DIL did not say a word. I think that is part of my excitment, just to see her face when the curtain goes up.

Just thot I'd share.

Comments (10)

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

I'm a fan :D So are two of my grandkids,the third is still kinda scared of it...the tin man scares him half to death for some reason! I made a small little tribute to The Wizard of Oz in a part of a small flower bed under a tree. I have a tree face...the kids LOVE that, the two tried to make it talk back to them when I first put it up. I have 2 garden statues, one is 2 kids on a trike, I painted them to look like my redheaded grandkids, and the other is a boy on a trike right behind them, painted like 3rd grandchild, and they are on a yellow brick road I painted. I had a blue glass gazing ball for Glenda, but the squirrels dropped a huge limb on it and it broke. My DH found me an oil can, and I have an old kerosene can for the tin man's body. Oh, and my sister gave me a small pair of shoes I painted red and covered in red glitter. All the kids loved those ,and will put them on,, or try to put them on!
    Well, I was gonna post the photo of it, and I don't see it on photobucket right now.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

AHHHHHHH-HHHHHHH-HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky Lucky ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love theater!!!!!! I love theater!!!!! The Wizard of Oz should just blow up in your face with color!!!!!! I'll be thinking about how much fun you will be having.

Good Decision!!!!

Susie

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

There's certainly nothing wrong with getting so excited over something you love so much! Sounds like it should be a great trip for you and your grandkids. Personally, the Wizard of Oz has always freaked me out a little, but I understand the love since I feel that way about "A Christmas Carol". I loved it on stage as much as I do the movie!

Enjoy your time!!

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

I'm a huge fan also. I heard advertisements that a play was coming to town in the next few weeks. Must be traveling the country. I have a bunch of collectibles I want to sell off....I just don't have the room anymore.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Ahhh, katishooked, I don't know who will have more fun...you or your 4-yr. old GD! Enjoy! Enjoy! I have a soft spot cause the kids did the musical in highschool and also for over 40 yrs. we vacationed in MN near Grand Rapids, where Judy Garland was born...so there's always Oz stuff to see when we made our trip to town! Off to see the wizard....HAVE FUN!!! Jeanne S.

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

W O N D E R F U L !!!! WONDERFUL !!! WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a Blast !!!!!!!!!!!
    It is so SPECIAL of you to do !!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait to hear your reports of the
    GRAND HAPPENING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God BLess !
    SusieSunshine

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Have a great time Katie. I like the Wiz of O. I remember when we could just see it once /year. I'd be so excited, Then I read all the books.
    kathy

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

You will have a great time.I never miss watching when ever it's on.My girls will call and tell me it's on.My GD. loves it also.My GS was afraid of the flying monkeys.He'd watch it with me and hold his hands over his eye's during that part..
    Have a great time with your GD.Backyardmom

• sugarmaple
    15 years ago

Go and enjoy - don't worry about the others. You will enjoy it and it will be a great memory for both of you. A movie theater near where we used to live showed old movies at 11:00am once a week in the summer for $1. My daughter (about 4 at the time) and I went to see only one - The Wizard of Oz. Seeing it on the big screen and with their sound system was phenomenal-I would love to do it again and take everyone I know! Unfortunately, she doesn't remember it! I wish I had someone take our picture in front of the poster at the theater-that may have helped her to remember. Oh well, I'm so jealous, I've never seen it on stage. Enjoy and know I'm with you in spirit!
    Colleen

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

You SHOULD be really excited. Its going to be a wonderful evening with your granddaughter, and I know a memory to carry forever for both of you. Have fun, and report back asap, LOL.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz