Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nmgirl_gw

The Junk Train '09 is rolling!!!!

nmgirl
15 years ago

It's leaving today and heading to the great state of............... I think I'll post it later.

JUST KIDDING!

It's heading to Michigan and the first stationmaster is ?

Let me give you hint.

Her screen name always makes me think of cookies.

That's all I'm going to say.

JT could hardly wait to jump in the box this morning. She wanted to help me tape it shut, silly thing, then realized she wouldn't be in it if she did! That changed her mind real fast.

Sylvia

Comments (12)

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:76170}}

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

CHOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOO CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA WOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Thought it would go to Petticoat Junction First!!!! Ha If it is going to Michigan you should have put a coat on poor Jezebel Junk Thang!!!! I'll warm her back up whenever she gets to TEXAS if my Yorkie doesn't RUNNOFT with her first. You should include a clause about the health and welfare of little JT. Just sayin'.

Susie

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Well look a-yonder comin'
    Comin' on down the track
    Well look a-yonder comin'
    Comin' on down the track
    It's the Garden Junker's Special
    Bringin' my Jezebel back!

Well talk about her ramblin'
    She's the fastest train on the line
    Well talk about her travellin'
    She's the fastest train on the line
    She's the Garden Junker's Special
    Rollin' down the seaboard line

Well, I'm going down to Florida
    Get some sand in my shoes
    Or maybe California
    Get some sand in my shoes
    I'll ride the Garden Junkers Special
    And lose those Iowa winter blues!

Eh Gads, sorry, Johnny Cash! One of my ol' favs from long ago...Orange Blossom Special! Guess being sick for almost a week now and holed up inside ... makes the mind a little quirky! Wish me well...have a good trip to the cookie dough lady, Jezzie! Jeanne S.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

You are so good that you didnt hafta tell me what song it was, I was already reading it to that tune anyway! Jeanne, you are GOOOOD!!! That was a GREAT SONG you just done!!!!Guess I'm showing my age now, huh?? LOL!!
    blessings-sherri

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Hurray for the junk train!!! Can't wait to see all the photos.

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Oh, Jeanne, I believe you have a country music career ahead of you! I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC. Grew up on it. :o) So, I would buy your album!

I am soooooooo excited! I figured out who is getting the box first! I had to look up in our Secret Santa notes who lives in Michigan and whose name sounds like a cookie!!! :o)

This is so much fun! Sylvia, thanks for getting the train out of storage! What a great idea! I can't wait to start seeing posts!

I think the train would get stuck here in Washington State though! Wednesday marks the third day of no school! Gives me time to gather things for the junk box...when I'm not shoveling the roof!

I have the "Petticoat Junction" theme song running through my head! "Come ride a Junk Train that is rolling down the tracks to the junction..." Sing along if you know the words! LOL :o)

Bear Hugs! Kirk

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Kirk, what makes you think you're getting it first in your household eh?
    And who's playing "Uncle Joe"? Maybe you are after shoveling off your roof, are you "movin' kinda slow"? Makes me tired just to think of it........
    Junk Train Junction!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Okay, you have to see this! I loved "Petticoat Junction" as a kid! Can't you just picture the train carrying our "junk"? Here's the theme song...although it should say "Junk Train" in there somewhere! LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Petticoat Junction Theme Song

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I tell you it's so much fun this jt. The anticipation is as much fun as getting the jt I think

Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Wow. I haven't thought of that show in years! I used to watch it too! Boy, we are telling our ages, aren't we?

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh boy a sing-along!
    I just had to watch the Green Acres song too.
    Kirk you're a hoot.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

My goodness, Wisconsin is just to the the left of Michigan! Hopefully it will head over the Lake next! he-he My boyfriend thinks we are completely out of our gourds! I told him what we are doing and showed him the picture of JT. I said I'll have to take a picture with her when she gets here. The guy who loves to dumpster dive, who collects all kinds of junk thinks we are nuts? he-he I think that is like the pot callin' the kettle black! I can't wait until it gets to its first stop!

Sponsored