Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy New Year

Posted by a.girl.named.max 4a (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 9:26

HB and I are looking forward to a great year. TIme for family, study, work, travel, dreaming, and hopefully lots of time for play. My New Year's resolution is to enjoy a few moments of contentment each day. That will be a challenge for my Type A personality.

Wishing all of you a great 2014.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you too Max! Hope 2014 will be all that you hope and that you will have lots of time for creating! I'm afraid that our forum has become very quiet, but hopefully it will pick up when Spring arrives.

o

Yes, I noticed that it is very quiet. What's the reason or competition and how can we turn it around?

o

Hoping 2014 will be better for everyone. Lots of things happened to folks I know last year so life gets in way sometimes. People are getting evicted as I think their unemployment checks were what was keeping them going so hope economy picks up soon out here & for all those struggling. 1 friend is now parenting grandkids so starting over, after 1 week of retirement. I lost my mom in Nov(she was almost 92 & passed easy) but so much to do after. But health is good & looking forward to "life on my own" after taking care of folks so long. Lots of projects for back yard waiting to get done but sorting through folks stuff will probably take me until spring or past. Dad was really good at storage places. Who knew!! Health & Happiness to all in 2014! Jan

o

I am a little late to this post, but Happy New year to all!
I hope things here are better in 2014 too! I have had several appliances go out, car problems(under warrantee,thank goodness) pulled my right collar bone and rib out of place and all sorts of little things went wrong.
Now with the cold weather (19 degrees in NW Florida, and 24 tonight) and no heater working--parts ordered in December--I am glad of the New Year! LOL

o

Happy New year!
I haven't been around much. My lap top died. Dh got me a new one plus a kindle fire for Christmas. So I'm hoping to post more.
I'm working ft again at a job with health benefit thank goodness. I'd love to sell craft s again to help salt away money to replace what we spent on 3years of cobra pmt s. I was a little upset that Dh got me this kindle fire tho I must admit I'm enjoying it. Also saving money for a trip to visit my niece I London spring of 2015 hopefully! I need to take pics of stuff I made last fall.
It will be nice to see what you all are up to again.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here