Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
big_deck

Definition? Warning - slightly risque

big_deck
15 years ago

Ok, I am confused.

What is the difference between the forum and conversations?

Comments (8)

• big_deck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Whoops - forgot the risque part - it is sometimes difficult for us old farts to understand simple things!

LOL

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

The forum is where you discuss your garden art, and the conversation side is where you discuss anything else you would like to share. Hope this helps...

• coloredthumb
    15 years ago

GARDEN WEB (GW)is the Home Forum. Garden Junk (GJ)is a forum group in GW. on the GJ PAGES there is GARDEN JUNK discussions and them a Conversation Side link so we can discuss off topic things. Each New post is a Topic and then replies to the topic.

On Garden Junk page at the top of the page there is a link "Conversations" (purple words)when you click that link it takes you to the Conversation page.

After that there is THAT HOME site (THS) Forums with Trash to Treasure (T2T) dealing with junking for all purposes not just the garden. You'll find a link to that site on the GJ discussions side and the conversations side.

I hope I have helped unconfuse you It becomes easier after learn the forums exist in the first place, and you've been to each of them.
    CT

• big_deck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OIC - thank you very much. Guess I have been off topic a lot.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

You have been just fine Old Fart. It's all good. We all have our share of constant discovery when it comes to the computer. Sum ov us evin mis spel wurds (me)LOL!!!!!!!! What really counts is that we share creative ideas (Discussions) and get to know each other (Conversations). That is how I differentiate between the "Two Sides".

Old Fartess (Susie)

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Depends on how you define "topic" don't it? And for that matter, how you define discussion and conversation too. One of my dictionaries gives "an informal discussion" as a definition of conversation.
    Are we befuddled yet?
    Don't you worry OF, a lot of us wander from Discussions to Conversations often not noticing where we are.
    Give your GD a hug from us all.
    See you in the funny pages!
    Onward, through the fog.

• big_deck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So, should I move to IL and run for governor or something?

:-)

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Who was it who could be counted on to straighten folks out if they ventured away from the garden junk topic? I remember the same person always typing, "This should really have been posted on the conversations side."

So big_deck, if you want to discuss your turtle garden, toothpick garden, mine opening, your humongous deck ... you post over here. Things about grandkids, antiques (unless they are garden junk) and the like should be on the conversations side.

And watch out for the crazy old lady and old man! They wander around the country creating havoc! Just ask a few of the folks around here.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH