Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiesunshine_gw

'Neighbor Hood House Project' 2muchglass ! ! !

susiesunshine
15 years ago

* * * Y E E E E * * * H A A A A A W ! ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I received my package/ Little House from

toooooo much glass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS MsKathy!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo E X C I T E D !!!!!!!!!!!

Just getting ready to open it up and

read the instructions....

couldn't wait to say " THANKS for letting us

all help in this VERY SPECIAL NEIGHBORHOOD PROJECT! ! !"

God Bless !

TTFN

SusieSunshine

Your Garden Junk Neighbor & Buddy !

Comments (28)

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

I got mine on Friday! They arrived safe and sound...now I have to get to work.....looking forward to helping build a city!

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

This will be so much fun !!! Not only am I the housing authority - I think I'll appoint myself mayor ,too !! LOL

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

I got mine on Friday too. I have been brainstorming all day how I am going to decorate it. I have it all in my head and can't wait to get started on it...Think I might have to make one for myself to put in my studio. This is going to be so much fun.

Micki

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

YIPPITY DO DAH! Got my "house" in the mail today, Sat.! Thank you, Mayor toomuchglass...can hardly wait to get to work with the crew! This housing development is going to be spectacular! Jeanne S...and well-worth the cost of construction on your part, toomuchglass!

• chelcass
    15 years ago

Got my house today. Loved the instructions that came with it.............lol Have several ideas just have to figure out which one I want to go with. :)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

I am the contracter and I have hired Hubs to do the roofing. Painters and carpenters have been busy all day (me and me Inc.).LOLOLOLO

This is so much fun. I had no idea what I was going to do until I got started.

Thanks for the fun!!!!

Susiewantsatoolbelt

• aka_strawberrygoat
    15 years ago

you do realize it's going to up your property taxes, don't you?...
    can you imagine an auditor coming around and telling you that you have developed a multi family development, out of your existing property package and therefore, the taxes will be set accordingly to so many x's what you pay now....lol

oh, even the thought of it..
    did anyone see the movie, "Popeye"...and all the taxes they had to pay in that movie?
    it's rather old but I still have a vhs copy of it..
    it's so funny!

blue prints are being made now.............
    and about licenses and permits, well, if it's 'artist's license", then we're ok, but any other ones....it's gotta be in your hands..lol

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Carol and I each received ours too! The ideas are spinning around in our heads! (I think I'm getting dizzy from all of the spinning! LOL) What great fun this project is for all of us! Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

Phooey, I don't have mine yet! Maybe on Monday......
    : (

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Well POO!!! I didn't get mine either. Maybe Monday.

Donna in Florida

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

They were all mailed Wed. morning. Sit tight !

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Mine showed up yesterday!!!! Cant wait to get started!!!
    Loved your notes!
    blessings-sherri

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

My house arrived the other day...I'm excited!

Doing the "Building Codes" was just too darned clever!! What a great idea. Well done!!

This whole project is dynamite, and I'm so glad I got in on it!

~Sandy~

• Bright199
    15 years ago

I'm still waiting!! Can't wait to see all the photos!

• susiesunshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

" OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Whatever................................."
    makes
    me wanna sign about Mr Rodgers Neighborhood....

***** Are we going to tell each other what
    we are planning....

~ ~ ~ or is it a B * I * G SECRET !!!!!! ?

what do you think ?

Let me know....

Have fun ! ! !

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    (

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

Whatever you want to do -- Susiesunshine !! Post a pic ... or not !

I have a feeling that everyone is putting their heart and soul into this ....... so much more than I Expected .
    NOW -- I'm the one who's dying ....!
    but take your time ....

I'm even going to put out a special table for the mailman to leave the yellow envelopes on !!!

******* I still haven't come down from Cloud 9 !!! ****
    This is my REAL Christmas ...... having a piece of everyone's heart . Priceless .

• aka_strawberrygoat
    15 years ago

are you close to the mail box?
    is it maybe a good idea to have the mailman bring it to your house and you sign for them?
    so they don't just be out, and unprotected?

around here, it's not all that safe, to have an unattended mail box, cuz things disappear..

curious about that....

Becky

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Good mornin. Just got around to post. Had my darlin GD this weekend. Mine arrived Sat. Was tickled to read instructions and all. Been blue printing ideas. This is so much fun.

Kathy

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I can't wait! I'm going stir crazy wanting a project. This will be perfect!
    kathy

• treasureforu
    15 years ago

I got my house today! I still have no idea what I am going to do with it but I am sure something will cross my brain when I least expect it. This will definetly be fun and I am sure the houses will be as different as all of the builders.

Mindy

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

YABBA DABBA DO! I got a house to do! I'm so excited....I had something in mind already, but the shape of the house I got ended that one. Back to the drawing board LOL. I loved the building codes and this is truly going to be a love gift huh? I'm also glad to be a part of it.

Donna in Florida

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Mine came today!!! Hurray...got to get my creativity in gear...

• garden2garden
    15 years ago

Mine came today, too!

Thanks for the nice note Kathy, and I think you did a great job on the building codes page!

My husband had gotten the mail this a.m. and when I got up he said-you've got a package. I was opening it up and I said you know what it is? It's a board! Haha, so I was explaining it all to him and I told him you were going to mount it on the fence. We'll that was like talking to Bevis or Butthead- selective hearing- all he heard was the mount it on the fence part. So I went through it again and he said, what are you supposed to do with it? I said you can do whatever you want with it, and he said why don't you drill holes like Swiss cheese and send it back, that way the neighbors can peek through the other side! (I don't know where he comes up with these things...)

The other Donna in FL :)

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

gardentogarden....LOL...gotta love your DH! What a great idea...it could be a "Cheese Factory" from Wisc. Haven't shared my idea with my DH yet...we're still working on basement bath/laundry...but he knows something is up...when I told him I needed some "chunks of wood!"

What FUN! Let's start of a post of pics on the "Discussion Side" ... whenever any GJer wants to share their "Neighbor Hood House Project!" Ok with you, Mayor Toomuchglass? Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

WOO-HOO, Toomuchglass, ARE YOU TIRED? Just wondering, cause your note said "this is making me feel like we're working on something TOGETHER!" ... and I've been working on your "Neighbor Hood House" for a few hours today (and I'm tired!) WOO-HOO... it's coming along nicely...appreciate DH's advice when I'm using the saws so he's helping me a bit! Nice to take a break from working in basement bath/laundry remodel area! Have a good one! Jeanne S. ...all you other GJers'...hope you're having as much fun!

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

I'm soooooo happy that everyone is so excited !! I thought the building codes would make everyone laugh !
    Talk about DH's stooopid comments - mine wanted to know if a topless bar would be included ....... sheesh ....men....

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

got my house got my house
    thought toomuch had forgotten me, but she didn't
    wah hoo wa wa yipee.
    Sooo it will be attached on the bottom back and it won't touch the house next door. I think i got it. I think I will do one layer/week. First background paint...
    kathy

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

I swear ,the PO can be lazy . *shaking my head *
    For as much as they charge - they should hand deliver it in a Rolls Royce ......