Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

California Chickens

lindasewandsew
15 years ago

Msjays post about her chicken coop reminded me of the commercials here in California about 'Out o' State' chickens, lol. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Out O' State Chickens

Comments (13)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Linda,

The commercials here say that ya'lls cattle are happier too. I would guess that to be true. Around here they put coats on the horses. I have never seen a long horn with a coat. And they all have the same name - "STEAK"!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thanks for the giggle.

When you get time will you tell me how to create links to U-tube??????

Susie

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Go to youtube.com and play the video. When it's on the screen, click on the address (URL) on the top of the screen. It will turn blue. Right click on it, then left click on 'copy'. Go to GW or email or wherever you want and put to curser right where you want the link to be. Right click again, then left click on 'paste'. The link should show up. When you're posting here and go to preview, there's a space below your message for a link. Paste it there, then name it. On the next preview, you can go to the link to make sure it's right, then go back to your message before you submit it. Hope that makes sense. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: I Love Trash Video

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Practice

Here is a link that might be useful: Youtube

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Thankyou again Linda for your time and knowledge.

Loved the Trash Song!!!!

Susie

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Don't think I've seen that 1, thanks! The 1 about cows in pasture all being happy, well way papers tell it they are in buildings all their lives, tiny stalls, can't move around, meat tastes like it too. About 10-15 yrs ago I noticed that when you cook hamburger- didn't matter what market or 20% fat or super lean stuff there was no smell. Used to drive down the street & think, Williams are having meatloaf tonight, Jones are having tacos. You could smell the meat all the way to street. Roast smelled like roast. Now you brown hamburger & nothing, add half onion, nothing, what are they doing to our food. I don't have cow out back but I do have onions so at least get that flavor. Am I only 1 that notices this change. I read last week in paper a lady complaining about major fast food chain buying meat from cows that are in fields & fed corn- she thought that was awful!!! Are people so braindead they think cows fed candybars,they fatten cows up-that's where out of date candybars go, blood & bone meal, vitamins & who knows what all are better! Her group wanted to file a lawsuit to get the meat changed to "mad cow mix" basically!!!Crazy! Jan

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are the happy cows. If you search youtuve for happy cows, the other commercials are there. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Happy California Cows

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jan, I would know we live in the same nutty state, even if you didn't have sunnyca for your name, lol. Most egg farmers are likely making a run for the border because of the new law. I feel your pain, lol. Linda

• jeaninwa
    15 years ago

Heyyyyyyyyyy

Our Foster Farms chickens say they're grown in Washington!

LoL

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I do know that yrs ago my inlaws brought a cooler full of chicken from Az. I thought that was crazy until she fixed 1 & then I remembered what chicken really tasted like back home. Don't know if they are still good or not but that was sure a treat & then we had some to freeze also. Some of cut up chicken in Ca. is "enhanced" with saltwater solution(to add weight) & has as much as 500 mg of sodium per serving!! I'm eating less meat every yr. I;m allergic to antibodics which makes it hard too. So much for progress! Think we are going the other way sometimes! Oh, I think Foster Farms are supposed to be locally grown is why Jean's are from Wa. Jan

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

WEll, I know up in our land (our 20 acre Getaway) that there are plenty of fat and happy cows and bulls. Fortunately for the cows they pretty much go where they want to. Times are GREAT in the spring because there is a LOT of grass for them to eat. When it goes brown because of the summer then the ranchers feed them strictly hay and grains. Sometimes they dump it wherever the cows are. Unfortunately it doesn't bear well for those who own the land they feed them on. BUT, I'll say that all those cows are happy cows.
    Love, Jules

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Ahhh, you guys need to come visit me if you want the REAL thing...cornfed chickens & beef! I-O-WA, I-O-WA, that's where the tall corn grows! :-) Jeanne S.

• leveta
    15 years ago

OMG loved the chickens....Esp. in the convenient store....