Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Hysterectomy done & I'm home

toomuchglass
12 years ago

Whew. What an ordeal --- I'm glad it's over. I'm going to be a couch potato for the next week or so . Thanks for all your well wishes ! :-)

Comments (12)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Glad you're home and hope you feel better soon! Take it easy and listen to what the doctors said.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Glad you're home!! See, you get a week off, make the family wait on you!! It doesn't happen often but take advantage of it. My kids Dr. was a lady & we kind of brought our kids up together, she said biggest problem with women needing all this repair work later on in life was because they didn't go home after a baby & get "babied" for couple of weeks. She said that was why everything "fell" & had to be pulled up or out" I know women used to spend 10 days in hospital yrs ago. I came home about 40 hours after I had son & got woozy few times. Now some come home in 24 hrs or less. Anyway don't lift or bend & pick up anything heavier than 1/2 gal of milk!! Jan

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Be a couch potato, or just sit at the computer, and find
    us a lot of inspirational sites. Be sure to take it easy
    for not just a couple of weeks, but long enough to be sure you are healed.

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

Be ABSOLUTELY sure to take it easy. Take very good care. Max

• nmgirl
    12 years ago

Good news and take care!

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

Glad you're home, get well soon and YES take it easy as long as you can. Follow nonacook's advice and find us lots of inspirations so we can add to our idea file. Let that be the HEAVIEST work you do for a while, punching those computer keys!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Good news, 2much...glad it is over for you & now take your much needed rest & healing time. Hugs, Jeanne S.

• kim546
    12 years ago

Good time to be inside and stay cozy:) Be well :)Kim

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

How are you doing?
    Kathy

• taahirah
    10 years ago

Hi my name is taahirah I'm 47 years old and I am schedule for a partial hysterectomy Oct 18. I recently found out a few years ago I had fibroid but I use to bleed so bad years ago,but fibroid never came up. I relocated and I started getting all this pin in my back and abdominal area and then was told I had fibroid and my uterus is the size of a twelve week pregnancy. I'm tired of this pain and bleeding and I'm severe anemia. After few years they re getting larger.My doctor recommend this procedure years ago but I was so afraid to have it now reading everyone post I feel more comfortable with doing it. I never knew so many women suffered with this I'm so glad I found this site to have some support.

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

A friend had heavy bleeding & dr. kept telling her drugs was the answer, she finally told him operate or else. She was very anemic & I went to see her 3 days after surgery & she said she felt "like a new woman" It's been several yrs since then & she said she just wished she had had the surgery sooner so she wouldn't have suffered so long!! Hope it all goes well for you & the anemia gets cleared up so you will have lot more energy!! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

I didn't have a hysterectomy, rather I had a fibroid embolization done. It was a huge success and my heavy bleeding and pain stopped shortly after the procedure. If you haven't checked into that procedure, you might want to. Mine was done by a radiologist.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm