Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
big_deck

Anyone want to save my marriage?

big_deck
15 years ago

Someone who will remain anonymous, even if her name is Marlene, suggested that I go up to Good Will (http://www.shopgoodwill.com/) to try and find a clear ashtray or candy dish to go into an antique cigar stand that I have. No luck on either item, but . . .

So, I did!

Well, how does anyone expect someone like me to go to a site like that and not search for 'turtle'?

Well, Mrs. NO says that if I buy one more turtle, she will kick my bu_t. )( Even if they were all $5 or less!

:-$

(6)

:D

Sooo, I have this idea(s). Either someone goes up and buys the ones I want so that I can't get them - or I send someone money to order them for me and then ship them like they are a surprise 'gift' - or I seek some help for this addiction.

What do you think?

:-O

Comments (11)

• big_deck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh poop, those were supposed to be clever and humorous emoticons - guess they don't work here.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

My name is Sherri and I am a GJ addict. Now, big_deck, honestly, how can we help you support your addiction when most of us are hiding everything we can in our trunks, every spare closet, under the bed, behind the hot water tank and in our attic, in our underwear drawer, basements and crawl spaces, not to mention the rafters in the garage!??? Oh, lets not forget the laundry room, my DH NEVER goes in there!! (now, dont tell me not one of you have done this!tee-hee) Or its... I'm going to get milk and bread, or .. I really need to refuel my vehicle, be back soon...and then we get to the nearest GS, TS or GW we can find!!! so, all I can tell you is, GJ forum IS AN ADDICTION IN ITSELF!!!!!!!lol!!! Well, on second thought, maybe this is a good idea! Remember the guys on the news that came up with a company providing excuses for everything from missing homework to why-I-cant- come-to-work phone calls and fake Dr.'s slips? Maybe we need to start providing exchange programs for each other to help get the junk we want!! We can vouch for each other! Like last week when I hauled yet another window home and got caught! DH wanted to know just how many extra old windows one person possibly needs and I meekly said...all of them...Yep, I could have used some help on that one! You might have struck on something here, because we are all GJ enablers!!!LOL!
    I say, go buy the stinkin turtle because you will toss and turn and then probably dream about it if ya dont!!!Been there, done that......
    blessings- Sherri

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Sherri....I laughed and laughed at your post! It is SO TRUE!! So, Brian, maybe you need to strike a deal with Mrs. No....does she have something that she likes to collect? Well, maybe you can be on the lookout for those things too or maybe you can NOT say anything when she hauls something home on the grounds that she extends you the same courtesy....Whatcha think?

• barefootin
    15 years ago

Let's make him a sign thats say's "Love Me, Love My Turtles"..LOL...just like when you marry someone..you don't just marry them..You marry them..and ALL thier 'stuff'..LOL

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Brian,

Have you ever heard of "THE SECRET GARDEN"? That is what we are all about. Collecting junk, calling it art, and hiding it out amoungst the bushes. VOILA'. Garden Junk. It wouldn't be as much fun if there wasn't some 'sneaking around' to it. I say "Buy the turtles with your own money, and make a Secret Turtle Garden!!!!!" (With all due respect to Mrs. No.) They may not agree with her decor for inside the house. But I think a man's office, shop, basement,garage,backyard, and his big deck are his to express himself in.

Susie

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

I guess this is one of the benefits of living 2600 miles from my boyfriend. I don't have to sneak around. He doesn't see anything until it is already art and in the garden...then he loves it. He says it is a part of the woman he loves. Speaking of which I better get busy working on turning all of the "junk" that I have bought this week into art. He comes home the first of March...I wish you all the luck to hide your addictions.

Micki

• big_deck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, I showed Holly the post and she thought it was funny, but didn't think it was funny. The guilt got to me about 2 hours after I posted this and I realized we have a special relationship and we never lie to each other.

So, being a charmer and a handle like big_deck was able to convince her that the $15.00 (shipping included) was certainly less than any of her Long-in-hamburger or whatever their called, baskets she hates because they collect dust and webs. She had to agree. So, just to freak her out, I think I am not going to order them.

Shesh - our secret in case I change my mind before she does!

Sherri, you need to move over to the section that 'forced' me over to this section for a little while and see if you can't take some starch out of their underwear - or something like that.

roflol

Brian

PS - Anyone else starting to get a shoulder shadow as your mate, spouse, lover, gigilo or whatever reads over your should as we type these ongoing sitcoms? First she could not possibly understand what the heck I was doing and now I can't get rid of her!

THAT WAS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY MEANT TO BE HUMOR

g'nite!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Big D.......I think your ship has come in....LOL

{{gwi:76414}}

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Where did you find that pic, Karen? lol! Poor Mrs. NO, she is surrounded by turtles! It could be worse, Brian, your spouse could be addicted to junk as well. Mine is. He is a great dumpster diver. Even takes stuff to the dump and brings other stuff out! Not sure how he sneaks it. I have to admit he did come home with an expensive battery powered drill that someone must have accidentally threw away because it still worked just fine. Either that or an angry spouse threw it out instead of lighting in on fire. There is no hiding junk around here! Heck no, it is right out in the open on every table and shelf in the place. So remember, Brian, it could be much, much worse!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

The thrift store I work at is super bad cuz we sell everything for $2/bag!!! I am powerless!!!! And believe you me, there are a LOT of Junk Addicts in my town!!! People come everyday!!!! We only close on Christmas day! Even tho we have no heat,,,they bundle up and shop!!! We average about $400/day in the winter months and $500-$800/day in the summer!!! DH is a Mr No, but I have been just so independent for so long, he has no jurisdiction? ha! Love me Love my Junk!!!

• big_deck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Final follow-up on this thread.

I did the bidding routine against someone that REALLY wanted the turtle that I wanted.

After the bidding was over and I had lost, I was able to communicate with the 'seller'.

What a shock - this was not a plastic or nylon or ceramic or whatever turtle. This was a live/dead turtle that has been 'emablmed' or whatever the phase is. No wonder it looked so real!

So, when all is said and done, I am glad I did not get it!

Finally, KAREN, I really want that rowing turtle image you posted. As Oscar would say "pweeeze".

Is it only in that size, as I can capture it from here if so?

Brian

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor