Comments (20)

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

WOW...how too cute is that!!

I've never seen a black squirrel!!!

~Sandy~

• leveta
    15 years ago

Well how pretty is he....she...We have a white one with a few brown spots on him....her...

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

I've never seen a black one . It's awesome !

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

debby,

You spray painted a squirrel????????????

Susie : ) LOL

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

Don't be silly Susie! She used Loreal!

What a cutie!

~~Mimi

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Mimi-

Only his hair dresser knows for sure!!!!

He could be a "Goth" squirrel????? Maybe a Halloween squirrel.

Seriously, I have never seen a black coated squirrel. And never saw a white & brown either Leveta!!!! I've only seen the grey ones or reddish ones.

Ya'll I must need to get out of town more.

Susie

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

I'm with Susierose, you must have painted him LOL. Seriously though, I've never seen a dark little squirrel like that before! And he looks so tiny. ~tenderlee

• kirkus
    15 years ago

COOL! COOL! COOL! GREAT PICTURE!!!! I love nature!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Kirk- Nothing Natural about Loreal. Ha Ha

Susie

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Goth Squirrell!!! LOL!!! Maybe he has a little spiked collar at home and listens to "Metal" music! Is that a pierced eyebrow I see??!!! LOL! Hee hee ho ho!

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

I think that he just got carried away with the eye liner and mascara! The only place I've ever seen a black squirrel is in Kirtland,Ohio. He was a big 'un!

The weirdest critter we ever saw in our neighborhood was a craw fish that was living by the street in the neighbor's sump pump drain. He looked normal but obviously had identity issues. Who ever heard of a suburban crawdad?!?!

~~Mimi

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

WOW ! ! ! Amazing !!! GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT PIC !!!
    Thanks Princess !
    How U been ? Missed you !!! Hope things are
    L@@King Up
    Ya'll are on my Prayer List !!!!

Love,
    Prayers & Sweet Thoughts..... One Day @ A TIME !!!!!
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    (

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

What a little cutie!! Does he have any pals? What color are they? We have brown ones in Valley but Descanso Gardens has all gray squirrels. Up by foothills they have ground squirrels & regular squirrels. I looked & asked what difference was-ground squirrels dig in your pots & eat all your bulbs!! I'm 2 miles away & don't have any ground squirrels. Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

He's really neat. I was passing another sleepless night looking at animal photos on Flickr this week, and I saw a black squirrel on there. First time I'd seen one. Two other squirrels tickled me enough to save their photos. One is a squirrel who I swear is smiling, LOL. He just looks SO HAPPY!! Then there's a squirrel after my own heart. LOL
    {{gwi:76612}}

{{gwi:76613}}

{{gwi:76614}}

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

How cute is he!!

• nonacook
    15 years ago

We have never had a black squirrel around here before, but we occasionally do have a white one.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

We just have the bland gray/brown variety around here. No mutants or black ones. The black squirrels are actually quite natural and were more abundant prior to the colonization of America. They had a camouflage advantage in the deep dark virgin woods of early America and could survive winters better because their black fur absorbs more solar heat. They can survive anywhere you see the gray/brown variety. (Now you know what I do when I'm sick or up late at night!)

The only time I saw a black one was at a small zoo in some tiny town in Wisconsin. They also had a very pretty red one ... about the color of a fox.

Your little Blackie and that one in Karen's picture looks like they have been munching on plenty of bird seed and nuts!

Karen, I can see why you had to post that picture of the squirrel in love with the bunny statue! lol! Too cute!

Kathy

• addicted2junk
    15 years ago

OMG. I can't let my hubby see this one. No matter what color of squirrel he (she) is, hubby dislikes them. The ones in our yard always takes his hickory nuts before he gets any. He fights with the squirrels all the time.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

awwwwww... I want one! he is so adorable!! Thx for sharing him with us!
    Love your pics, Karen, I'm with luna about the one with the bunny statue, that ones right down your alley!!!!
    blessings-sherri

• debby_md_z7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

but realy it was clairal.
    she was real young in that pic.
    debby

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio