Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

the housing boom ! in my basement

toomuchglass
15 years ago

Who says the housing market is in a slump ?? LOL

My "little favor " has grown huge .... *big smile* ...

Here's my pile of houses - so far !

{{gwi:76634}}

I think there's about 25 there so far. I'll have enough to go around the whole deck !! LOL

DH is just being great about it . He went with me to Office Depot to buy padded envelopes .... ( gulp - it was over $50)

He didn't say a word . Bless him. I hope he's in this good mood when it comes time to mail all these ! LOL

He knows my friends are priceless. ( So is he ) I had to give him a plug ,too. LOL

Well - back to puttying up the icky spots on them .

"Garden Junktion" is coming along nicely !!

Comments (17)

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Wow~ they are looking good! I have a question for you...are there particular "houses" that you want, or can they be stores, churches, etc. Do you want them just painted or do you want other adornments on them, or is that up to the artist? You may have answered this earlier, but I didn't read through all of the previous posts on the other thread. Thanks!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I made some different shapes . They can be houses - storefronts - anything ! Let your imagination run wild ! You can decorate them any way that is easiest for you . I don't expect anything more than paint - whatever you do is fine with me. I'll be spraying them with outdoor varnish before I put them out . Every one of them will be unique . It'll be a "Junk-tion" of different styles & ideas !

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Oooohhh, I'm getting excited about helping out with this one! Its gonna be a fun project for us all.

Donna in Florida

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

---CONFESSION -----

I'll be honest . Red faced -- BUT I admit --- When I first asked about this ... I thought not many people would take me up on it . I thought maybe 5 or 6 - not more than 10. I didn't expect the response I got ! I wanted to send a couple dollars cash back in each envelope to help cover the cost of mailing it back to me . OMG ... the response has been overwhelming . I never knew I had so many friends ! LOL ... I'm beside myself in happiness ! I've had such a response - I can't believe it. I LOVE it ... I wouldn't trade my friends for anything . The excitement has me on cloud 9 .

Since the amount of responses --- Shamefully -- I'll say - I can't send money back like I planned to - to return the package to me. It would almost be a hundred dollars or more .
    Long story short ... PLEASE ... PLEASE ... if you don't want to participate because of the postage --- I totally understand . I'm keeping the pkgs. as light as I can ... hopefully around 8 ounces.

I thought I'd say so upfront . I don't want to upset anyone. Fair ? Let me know.

((((((((((( Everyone ))))))))))))))

• treasureforu
    15 years ago

Know what I think? I think that you are actually doing us a favor and you are definetly helping this community. It will be a pleasure to help you out with this and I am glad that you thought about asking. I don't mind spending a bit of money to send it back to you( and I am grateful you don't mind if the artwork is fantanstic). I think that this will be a wonderful treasure for you and it definetly shows how loving the people on this board are. What more could a person what?

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

SILLY ~~~ WILLY ~~~ GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are just soooooooooooooo SWEET &
    Thoughtful Just like you...........

YES .... I wanna do it....
    I really think YOU
    ((((((((((((((((( Y O U )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    are worth it.

Besides I still have a
    little cents.... ( Not SENSE )) to spare...tee heee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so

Let's Go Girl.....
    and
    Maybe
    you'll end up on TV....... locally.....
    or

H G T V !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a
    Wonderful project !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((( Y O U R HUBBY ))))))))))))))))))))
    Hugs for him toooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!

*** don't get jealous... silly girl....
    I just
    could not resist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L@@King forward to seeing the pics....
    and

T H A N K S for including us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your GJ buddies !!!
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    (

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I love your idea, and think we are lucky to be invited to help you create this Village JUNKtion. I wish I was more artistic but I'll try my best.

Your DH is a GEM.
    hugs, Karen

• garden2garden
    15 years ago

OH MY GOSH THERE'S OUR LITTLE HOUSES!!!
    I mean, YOUR little houses :)

Thanks, Kathy for posting that pic! I personally don't mind spending a little to mail it back to you. Really it can't be a whole LOT of $ to mail 8oz., can it? I'm still in and tickled to be part of it. Glad you got the courage to ask. This should be fun, I've never done anything quite like this. It's fun already, to think about something besides my own stuff.

Thanks Marlene for asking those questions, I was wondering the same things. Also wondering what kind of paint is best to use?

I SO agree with what Susie, Treasure and Donna have already said.

• garden2garden
    15 years ago

I took so long writing that Karen posted in the meantime, I didn't leave her out on purpose. I agree with what she said too. Don't know how good mine will be, either, but I'll do my best with it. I really gotta go to bed now, lol. The other Donna in FL.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Ditto on everything Miss Susiesunshine said!!! I couldn't of said it better!!!Come on girl!!! Send us those houses!!!
    blessings-sherri

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

This is another project that brings us all closer together. I love it!!

~Sandy~

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Bring 'em on! The postage to send them back couldn't be anymore than we'd spend on a couple (or one!) cup of coffee!! :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing what they all look like at your house!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Whew - thank you all . I really wanted to help with the postage ... but as long as it's ok with you - it's okay with me !

((((((((( Love you all !! )))))))

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

We're ready, toomuchglass! You're lookin' good! Jeanne S.

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

I can't wait to get started on it...I don't mind spending the postage to send it back to you....as long as you post pics of it when it is all done. I would love to see everyone's artwork. I think it is going to be amazing.

~Micki~

• Bright199
    15 years ago

DITTO!!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I am still in. Not worrying bout the postage. I think it's great to be a part of this project. We are known for what we do for others. This is such a small thing to do for a fellow junker.