Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Jan aka Sunny CA

smickerdoodle
15 years ago

I got the mail today and found a package from you. I couldn't wait to open it. Inside I found 5 beautiful beaded candy canes and a pair of beautiful beaded angel earrings. Thank you so much...you are awsome! I will post pics later when I get the chance to get the camera out and download them. Thank you again Jan! They are all so beautiful. ~Micki~

Comments (6)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Glad you got them!! Hoped it would be a little "pick-me-up" to get the New Year started off right!! Enjoy! Jan

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It was the best pick me up. I caught the cold that my mom had over the weekend and have been feverish since Wednesday night. I was feeling down because I have dealt with the health issues in one way or another for more than 4 years and had just started feeling better. Most of the time I don't let everything get me down but I had been looking forward to going out for the New Year and ended up having to cancel...Getting that package in the mail today really lifted my spirits a lot. I want to thank you again. It meant more than you can imagine.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Sorry you had to miss New Year's eve!! My son got in from S.Dak. & had a good sore throat & I'm trying not to get it, so far so good. I take Vit. C & zinc cough drops(Cold-Ease)don't take with anything else or juice!! & drink OJ & Russian tea & he is taking some of that & he takes Nyquil at night. He says it is like "gravel" or sandpaper in his throat. Hoping to get him well before he gets back on plane Tues. Big temp. change going from there to here.

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad to know that your son got there safely...but sorry to hear he isn't feeling well. I am doing much better this morning. I can breathe through my nose again. I am sure I will survive not going out on New Year's Eve. I am sure it was safer just to stay in. I was just letting the little things bother me and feeling sorry for myself. The package you sent made me feel a lot better and stop with the self pity. Enjoy your time with your son. I am not looking forward to the day when my kids move out and on with their lives. I have one who is trying to be able to do that by May. She wants to move to Florida....so far away. It kind of scares me because there isn't much I will be able to help her with if she is that far away....but I also know that she needs to learn to take care of herself too.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Micki, glad you are doing better. DS is some better also, still in throat but not so sore. He did some work in back for me & will make such a difference next summer as neighbor's BarBQ smoke won't be blowing into my LR!!!Scarey when they leave home but worse if you get stuck with them forever as that means you didn't "give them wings to fly"" but they keep coming back, hopefully just for visits!!LOL!!! Take care!! Oh, I meant don't take Coldease with juice, take the juice later as I guess they don't mix!! I sound a little daffy sometimes as I get ahead of myself!!LOL Jan

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad to hear that your son is doing better as well. I am holding on to the hope that since I rang in the new year under the weather, the rest of the year I won't get sick :) A girl can hope....lol