Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debby_md_z7

help with a dog ?

debby_md_z7
15 years ago

ok my ds's are driving home to maryland from la and ds#1 has a pit bull.

when i ask this ? people think i am wierd.

with the cold weather here and the dog born in la will she need a coat?

debby

Comments (8)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

A sweater and lipstick and no more than a 3"heel!!!! LOLOL

Debbie,

I put warm coats on my dogs when it gets below 50 degrees. I know that Pits are husky and hearty but I would make sure that she doesn't STAY WET with snow or get too cold. It will take a little time to reacclimate. I hope she will not be kept outside.

You can be sure of your son's safe journey with such a good travel mate!!!

I'm just one of those people who believe that my dogs are family members. A vet may have different opinions.

Bless you,

Susie

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Hi Debby~

I would say yes the dog will need a coat. Dogs that stay in warm weather don't develop the thick winter fur that dogs in colder weather do.....

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I'd say you might want to try to get a coat on her. lol! If she is like my late great dog, she will put up a fight. Dogs are pretty tough so it wouldn't hurt to put one on her but she will survive without it. Now if she were coming to Wisconsin, that would be a different story! You'll have to post a picture of her when she arrives!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Haah! I can see you trying to put a coat on DS#1's dog! Unless he/she is used to wearing one, have fun!

fyi..our adopted dog is short-haired mix of boxer/Am Staffordshire Terrier...and she doesn't like the cold...she's an inside dog and goes out and takes care of her needs QUICKLY! When it's above freezing, she loves to go running in the pines with us. Don't worry, your DS's dog will let you know what he/she needs! Jeanne S.

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Debby, L.A. can stands for 3 things around here ...

Los Angeles
    Louisiana
    Lower Alabama

LOL ... the 3rd one got ya didn't it? Anyways, it's way warmer in all three of the above locations than Maryland. So doggie might get a big cold.

Some of my friends ask me for our used baby t-shirts to put on their small dogs. They look cute too! Poochie might benefit from a knit shirt or they have cute dog clothes just for their size range at the pet stores, I got a t-shirt for my dog there that said Party Animal ~haha. ~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Another thought is that your son (If he is like my son) may not want her to wear PINK. A genderless sweater or wind breaker (Yes my doggies wear windbreakers.) would work well.

Susie

• debby_md_z7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks all
    marlene you hit the nail on the head.
    ds thinks iam bonkers they are coming in from los angles.

boys are boys.izzy (dog) said grand ma all the other dogs will make fun of me
    lol debby

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

sad story today as a person left their doggy outdoors during the day.It has been VERY cold here in Florida.
    He got sick and they took it to the vet but the dog died.Vet said they can't be out on the cold ground(we're talking southern dogs here)because they just cannot warm up their bodies.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner