Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Goodbye to Miss Piky

concretenprimroses
14 years ago

I brought Pikachu to the vet today and put her to sleep. I always stay with my pets when they are being put down. We got her from the humane society 11 years ago and she was probably 18 yo. An enormous and very affectionate kitty.

{{gwi:76925}}

This fall an enormous German Shepherd (a nice neighbor dog but he doesn't like cats) came into the yard and tried to chase the cats. Piky chased him out of the yard. Teeger who died in October, helped. I like that boldness and I'll miss it!

Sadly,

kathy

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Oh Kathy, I am so very sorry. What a neat cat, I know you will miss her terribly. Its good you were with her at the end, that is so important I think. I'm sure you feel the same way. Our pets deserve no less.

hugs from the heart,
    Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Awwww, she was a real beauty! I have always stayed with pets when they are give "the shot." It is hard as hell but at least they know you were there to love them to the very end. I can only hope someone will afford me the same courtesy when my time comes. My heart goes out to you, Kathy, for your loss.

Hugs,
    The Other Kathy (one of many - lol)

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Losing 2 pets this year .... that's tough! They had a good life while with you. My heart goes out to you, Kathy, we lost our dog this summer, and I still feel like crying every time I think of her. It's almost as hard as losing a human. Hugs ~tenderlee

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

I am sooo sorry about your kittie! They are so like our children...part of our families. I know you'll miss her!

Thinking of you~
    Marlene

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

She was a big cat!! Glad you were with her at the end. Hard to make that decision but worse to let them suffer.Hugs, Jan

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I am so sorry that you lost another cat. We always stay, and usually bring them 'home' to bury them.
    Lots of graves here, cats, dogs, white rat, pet mice, and even a small turtle that DD saved from crossing a South Florida road, moved to St Louis later where it died. Her hubby built a small box and it was sent here to be buried with all the other pets. Bitsy, however is buried in a family cemetary plot, Private cemetary with owners permission. She will have a marker, when I get around to ordering it.

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

ahhh,crete, sorry for your loss. Our pets are always such loving companions & it is so hard to lose one...I am happy that Miss Piky had a long life & happy home with you..God's blessings! Jeanne S.

• chelcass
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of Miss Pikachu passing. What a beautiful kitty. As she crossed the Rainbow Bridge her pain and suffering left her and she is a young and vibrant cat again. I am sure she is frolicking with Teeger. God Bless you for giving her and Teeger a loving home.

Hugs Judy

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I've got a very special friend (dogchild) over Rainbow Bridge. It is very hard to go through such a loss. Maybe it is time to rescue another unloved little kitty who needs you. What a lovingly generous way to help make the world a nicer place.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone.
    We did get Zorro a little playmate from the Humane Society. He missed Teeger so much. So a few weeks ago we got Ringo. Its nice to have 2 cats who like eachother and play together. I don't have a photo of Ringo on photobucket yet.
    In a way its a relief that Piky is gone. I had gotten depressed and now feel so much better that it is over even tho I miss her.
    kathy

• leveta
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry. I had to put mine down this summer. She was 18 also. I found her on a major Hwy when she about7 weeks old. I stayed with her to. Then brought her home to bury...To make it to 18 you gave her a good life...