Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my best shopping day....i luvs it !!

Purplemoon
15 years ago

I am still so excited I can hardly sit here and type. I got to spend the day with Luvs, and at my favorite antique mall!!! We had a blast. Walked the hundreds of booths and glass cases for hours, and talked the whole time. it was a GREAT day. I still can't believe I finally got to meet my friend in real life!! Woooo Hoooo.

Her wonderful DH, when planning their latest trip, asked her if she'd like to come thru Phx and meet me. Whatta Guy!!! HE spent the day playing golf with my DH and my two sons. Jason and Michael. Then Jas came by the house to meet Kay too.

She also showed up this morning with a huge box full of all sorts of goodies for me that's she'd found, and a beautiful hand-painted Welcome sign she did for my porch!! Plus she brought me a box of books with great holiday decorating photos in them. CHRISTMAS in Jan. I LUV it. I LUV her.

Here's pix of us we got the DHs to snap!

{{gwi:76987}}

{{gwi:76990}}

hugs, Karen who's still smiling ear to ear!

Comments (14)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Ya'll, how sweet!!! Ahh-hhhhhhh!!!! That is great.

Hugs all around and around!!!!!!!!

Susie

• leveta
    15 years ago

Awww that is so great...I couldn't think of a better way to shop then with a fellow junker....

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Karen, You just made my day! You must've had soooooo much fun today! I'm smiling just reading your post! What a great day! You'll have to post pictures of some of the treasures you received...like the welcome sign. I love the pictures of the 2 of you together. I am so touched by this story... Thank you for sharing! Aren't our Garden Junk friends the best?! This is really more than a "Forum"... it's friends coming together... like family. Like I said, Karen, you made my day! Love and Bear Hugs! Kirk

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Oh Ms Karen ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am just sitting here with tears of 'J * O * Y ' !!!!!!!!
    streaming down my cheeks...
    I am just thrilled to pieces that the
    two of you.... got to meet in the
    REAL LIFE>>> LIVEIt thrills my soul !!!!

Just yesterday... I wrote a THANK YOU to
    Luvs to Click .... thanking her for being soooo
    sweet to You.. and being such a
    Wonderful Friend to... you....
    WELL.......... Ms Arlene LUV TO CLICK wrote me back
    and said... SILLY Susie... that is the Other LUVS>>..

so... anyways... we had a good talk about it...
    and I bragged on all her B E A U T I F U L
    PICTURES that she...LOVES TO CLICK ~~ click ~~~ & of course we both bragged on you Ms Karen & all the
    albums you do !!!!!!!!!!!!!

and little did we know that while
    the two of us .... were talking
    about
    the 2 of you ~~~ Ms Purple Moon & Luvs
    Low & Behold...... the 2 of you were junk'n
    and
    talk'n & hugg'n and Snacking... and
    Lord only knows....
    what all the Fun Stuff that you 2 did !!!!!!!!

I'm like Mr Kirk " It Thrills My Soul ! ! !"

Thank You soooooooooooooooooo very much for
    helping to
    U N T H A W my frozen ~~~ soul ~~~~ with this
    Heart Warming Story !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thrilled she got to meet Your JASON in person !!
    I LOVE the PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is
    soooooooooooooo Wonderful..........
    Just Like I imagine * H * E * A * V * E * N ! ! !

Lots & Lots of FUN & LAUGHTER & JOY & FRIENDS & FAMILY !!!!

You are Adorable Ms Karen ~ Purple Moon !!!!!!!
    Thanks for being sooooooo (((((( Y O U )))))))))

God Bless !
    your GJ Buddy (SusieSunshine
    ** A Special Thanks to the GUYS ( the 2 DH's ) 2 for being there
    for you 2 Gals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Junk shopping with a junker friend is the best!!! Glad the DH's got some time together, too!! Love the pics!! You recovered well from all that shopping!!! Jason looks like he is enjoying seeing his mom so happy with a friend!! Yah, show us what you got!!!Can't just tease us you know!! Jan

• lindasewandsew
    15 years ago

Hey, I know that lady!! I LUV her too!! She's the one who told me about the GJ forum!! Hope you guys are having fun. Linda

• cait1
    15 years ago

Oh how FUN!!! I can picture you two malling & yappin' away, checking out goodies, shopping to your hearts' content! And I'm with Kirk, please show us pics of the goodies LUVS gave you. Luvs, that is soooo sweet of you! And your DH is so wonderful to help plan this for you!
    Love the pic of the two of you! Yes, this forum is a God send!!

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Geez...I'm sitting here crying too!! I'm so happy for both of you!!

What fun finally meeting someone you've corresponded with and been friends with for so long. And to spend the whole day together doing something you both love...WOW!!

Me too...I want to see pictures of what Luvs gave you! How very thoughtful of her! And I think it's great that her husband and your husband and sons got together to do what they enjoy. It was really lovely of your sons to take time from their jobs to do this for their mom too. What a great family you have!!! And for Luvs DH to plan their trip to include this visit is the best!! What great guys they all are to do this for you and Luvs!!

I'm just tickled pink that you and Luvs had such a wonderful day together, Karen!! Thank you for posting the pictures, so we are all able to share in the fun!!

~Sandy~

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Oh, I am so happy for you girlies!!! I know you had a blast spending the day together, I can just imagine the talking, giggling, ewwwwwing and awwwwwing at the antique store that you two were doing!!!! How wonderful for your DH to plan the trip to swing thru Phoenix. (or it could be the word-GOLF, that word seems to make my DH perk up quite a bit, too!)So, so happy for you guys to get to meet like that. That was a very special day for you both, one that I know that you both will treasure forever!!!!! And aint it just like a GJ-er to show up bearing gifts from the heart, that was so sweet of you, luvs!!!
    Karen, ya gotta show us your treasures, we cant wait!!!!
    blessings-sherri

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh what a dream day!!! I'm so happy for you both! And the men too, sounds like they really enjoyed themselves as well!

My guess would be that the only problem was that the day wasn't long enough! I bet it was so hard to say goodbye! ~tenderlee

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

It looks like you two gals had a great time! How exciting to meet a GJ friend! I'm so happy for both of you! Glad you got to get together!!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I'm so glad all of you enjoyed hearing about our getting to meet--we had exchanged pictures, but it is so nice to meet in person. I am very appreciative of my DH for driving the couple extra hours so I could come to Phoenix to meet Karen, and to Karen's DH for so graciously inviting my DH to golf with him and their sons.

All of your comments are so sweet and makes me realize how fun it would be to have a "reunion" type get together of all the Gardenweb bunch. ;o) You just know it will go well when everyone likes the same kinds of things.

Karen had a box of goodies for me too--each thing so special. She knows what I like so well just from two years of posting together! I'm traveling in our motorhome still and our internet is quite a bit slower than at home, so I won't try to post pics of them until next week when I get home.

I did post pics of some of my purchases from this trip. I'll post a link in case any of you would like to look. The pics are near the bottom of the post on Holidays.

Karen is just a special as she "sounds" on here, and her home, collections, decorations, dogs, cats and family are all just as wonderful as you've imagined. It was a real treat to have this time together.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Luvs bargains

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, you almost made cry with comments like that!

Tenderlee, you are right, the day was too short. And I didn't want to say goodbye. I hope her DH will want to detour thru Phx again. My DH and sons are always ready for a game of golf.

Speaking of which, some of you might remember the rock star Alice Cooper? Well Jason is playing golf with him tomorrow.
    LOL. I can't remember "Alice's" REAL name, but he's a great guy here in town. He lives here and gets involved with charity stuff often, is a family man, and loves golf. He's totally different from the freak show he was famous for. Anyway, at a recent charity auction, one of the prizes was for two guys to play golf with "Alice" and Jason! The high bid was $1500. I bet he and Jason have a blast together.

hugs, Karen

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

MS Karen : that sounds WONDERFUL ! ! ! Hope Jason
    and Alice Cooper have fun...

Thanks for the sweet post

Luvs: Ms Kay that Was sweet of you !!!!

God has been soooooooooo Good to Soooooooooooooo
    many of us....
    and all the "FRIENDSHIPS ! ! !"

and all the WONDERFUL IDEAS !!!!!!!!!!!
    and
    Sharing & C A R I N G !!!!!!!!!!!
    Love & Prayers......
    Laughter & Tears..... and just

* * * F * U * N * * * !!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    ( **** A better person for having the
    honor of Garden Web ~~~~ Garden Junk !!!!!!!!!!!