Houzz Logo Print
daisydal

my package arrived from Cherry!!!!

daisydal
15 years ago

IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!!!!!

OMGOSH....OMGOSH.....OMGOSH.....

CHERRY, CHERRY, CHERRY!!!!!WOW!!!!!

I am absolutely blown away by your gifts!!!

First of all, for you to honor someone else on your birthday and anniversary is incredibly generous, but you have totally and completely outdone yourself on this one, girl!!

I was so excited when I called home today and my sons told me it was here. We picked them up and had plans for going out to dinner, so I was on pins and needles until we got home so I could open the box and see my treasures! The Hersheys Kisses roses are dar-lin'!!!!! I had to open one up and have it for my dessert! (there are 2 in each one, and yes I did share it with my DH!):)

I love the craft supplies and the way you done them in the box was adorable, cute idea! The little Valentine box is cute, cute, cute! It is so detailed, you done a beautiful job, it is going right onto my dressing table. The little notebook, manicure set and address book will go into my purse, a girl can never have too many of those. I love the Mardi Gras beads and mask, I will put them into an arrangement in my office at work, since I am there more than at home. Everyone at work has to come in and see what I have done for the Holidays. I adore the little vase you made from the silverware,and the little teapot is precious, they will go right into my kitchen window. And I am absolutely, positively droolin' big-time over the birdhouse and the gorgeous jewelry. Like Candice Olson says"HOW DIVINE!!" They are beautiful, ya'll cannot appreciate the beauty thru the pictures, the workmanship and hours that Cherry put into all of this is incredible!!

I have included the pics and tried to individually capture all of the little trinkets. I am saving the copy of your hometown paper for my after breakfast coffee, so I can enjoy it. Thank you so much, Cherry, I am blessed to have you for a friend and so very lucky to have won your drawing. (I can't stop looking at it all!!!!)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

blessings-sherri

{{gwi:77104}}

{{gwi:77105}}

{{gwi:77106}}

{{gwi:77107}}

{{gwi:77108}}

{{gwi:77109}}

{{gwi:77110}}

{{gwi:77111}}

{{gwi:77112}}

{{gwi:77113}}

{{gwi:77114}}

Comments (9)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Oh,my it's wonderful!! So many things to treasure. Love the birdhouse & the silverware vase & the roses came out great! The keepsake box & jewelry are beautiful. Little teapot adorable. Cherry, you really are a giver & on your birthday & anniversary too!! Daiseydal so glad you won it & have so many great things to enjoy!! Hang on to that manicure set, they don't look that nice it the stores out here. Tried to find 1 for mom's birthday-no luck! It's a nice set!! Enjoy!! Jan

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

I'm so glad it finally arrived, I didn't even think about the bad weather possibly holding it up. And I was so worried the birdhouse might break before it got there:D..whew

You're welcome and I'm glad you liked it! And congratulations again :D
    Cherry/Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

daisydal....WHOA!@@@@ CHRISTMAS IN JANUARY! You certainly received "made with love" gifts to celebrate a wonderful anniversary and big b'day! Kudz...just beautiful! Jeanne S.

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh Sherri, you hit the jackpot! And you took such good pics for us too!

That pic with the knife handle (not sure if that's what it is) there's a little pink rose on top, something circular, not really sure. Anyways, the knife handle (?) looks just like my Oneida everyday stainless that I've used for about 35 years! I'll try to make a pic. Cherry or Sherri (sounds like ice cream flavors lol), fill me in on that item if possible!

So many pretty, useful items. And the birdhouse, how special! I would have worried about transit breaking it too. So glad it arrived safely to its new loving home.

So glad Sherri won, couldn't have gone to a nicer person! ~tenderlee (well, maybe except for this trashy gal from tenn lol)

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

The bird house is incredible! What a lovely package of treasures.
    kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

WOWEE!! What a wonderful gift!! So many great things to look at! You are a lucky, lucky girl! Love the birdhouse and the victorian type items....all of them are VERY pretty!

• leveta
    15 years ago

Oh what great things...A BIG Congrats...

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

hey ya'll :D
    Tennessee, that is a silver plated hollow knife handle. I cut them off with my small bolt cutters( I don't know how I ever got along without them!) and I rounded the cut end with my pliers, and sanded it smooth. I drilled a hole in one side to hold a suction cup so you can hang it from a mirror or a window. The hollow handle can hold water to set a real blossom in. You can also glue a pin backing, and make it a lapel pin to hold a real flower! I use E-6000 glue for things like that.

there will be more give-aways, I have boxes of things that I made stored all over the house and lots of time on my hands :D

• daisydal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oh, tenderlee, ya crack me up! Hey, they made a song about us trashy women,somethin' 'bout likeing their women on the trashy side! I think they even sang something about my hairdo, the Dolly Parton hair, us southern girls can get that wild high hair with a good old can of that Aussie Freeze hair spray!!LOL!!OK, back to your question, yes, it is a knife handle and it is attached to one of those suction cups with the wire. Cherry even included some sweet little pink roses in the top of it, but you can fill it with water and add a flower or even a vine to root. I stuck it on my kitchen window and it is so cute.
    I am charging my camera right now, (it went dead at a birthday party tonight, as usual!)so I will take a better pic tomorrow for you.
    Thank you so much, again, Cherry, I am loving my pretties so much!! And thanks everyone for the great comments!
    Jeanne, U R so right, CHRISTMAS IN JANUARY!!!! Thanks to my talented friend Cherry, I love all of the little crafting supplies, I am gonna have some fun with those!
    Everything she sent is BEAUTIFUL beyond words! She's amazing!
    blessings-sherri

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living