Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlily_gw

Back to chemo

jlily
11 years ago

Nona I read your nice comments about my being able to work outside and enjoy my gardens again. BUT, it is back. I just had my 5th chemo yesterday. Asking for your prayers, again. Hoping to be ready to garden and play outside in the Spring.

Jlily

Comments (31)

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Sorry to hear that it is back. Hope you do well with treatments. Hugs & prayers for speedy recovery for you so you can be ready for gardening, might send for couple of seed catalogs to get you dreaming of warm days ahead. Jan

• jlily
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jan-thank you so much. I have already got seed catalogues and making plans for this springs' garden. I am planning ahead--Jlily

• oldcrafty
    11 years ago

Chemo is tuff but you CAN do it!!!! keep a positive attitude and with all the prayers coming your way you will indeed be spring gardening soon.Keep us posted as we all care. Hugs and pryaers coming your way.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Jlily ... adding you to good thoughts & prayer daily as you fight once again ...I hope the Chemo kicks it all (you know where) & that you can begin gaining strength again ...& be ready for some 'normal' activities again soon! Hugs to you ... keep plannin' those gardens! Jeanne S.

• jlily
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all-I'm sure you-all have helped me through this before. I appreciate all thoughts and prayers coming my way. Jlily

• nonacook
    11 years ago

You certainly have my prayers....
    You made it before and you can win this again,
    with God's help and our prayers.
    Keep us informed.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Jlily~~I am so sorry that you're having to battle this again. Hang in there and I hope the chemo passes quickly and that you stay well during your treatment. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

I'm just a part-time poster on this forum, but one who knows the power of prayer. I can't say it any better than nonacook did above. My prayers are with you.

tj

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

T&P coming your way. I'm not here very often either but I've had Chemo to it's tough (20yr. breast cancer suvivor) hang in there. good luck!

• azcactusflower
    11 years ago

Adding my prayers to all above. Hang on to the Lord's hand, He is always there for you and He is aware of your needs. Your courage is amazing and such an example to all of us.

• laurastheme
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this again. You have a lot of prayers and good vibes going your way. Hang in there and fight back!! I know you'll be a winner! My mother had cancer 3 times and died at age 99 from old age.
    Laura - a breast cancer survivor

• kudzukween
    11 years ago

fight like a girl! sending warm hugs and lots of prayers, you can do this, you're a strong woman!
    kudzu

• nonacook
    11 years ago

Jlily, how are you? I just read a post you made, and
    wondered how you are.

• jlily
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello,
    All, I so appreciate your interest. It has been tougher than the first one. I have spent another week in the hospital- and set my treatments back. I just had my 6 th treatment on Friday. I think we are on the right track. I am so fortunate to have friends, family and a wonderful dedicated doctor. Love and good health to you all! JLily

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

JLily: Even tho we have never met in person, I feel as I have a Soul Sister...better, a GARDEN JUNK SISTER in YOU! And my prayers and encouragment are with you! Jane

• jlily
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I had a scan and it showed the 5 treatments of Chemo I've had Taxateer (probably not spelled right) Have not done a thing. In fact the one tumor has grown a CM. So, starting over with Navelbine . Disappointed but hanging in there! It sure is looking spring-like out there. This chemo is not as hard on me so far. So, hopefully I'll be in the garden doing soon! JLily (also a Jane)

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Hope you aren't on a statin drug, they cause thyroid tumors but still manage to be sold. DIL had 9 tumors from 1 she was on & after she quit the drug, tumors shrank but destroyed her thyroid gland as did same drug on neighbor & also just found out my brother. Better to use diet to control cholesterol than get tumors. Hope it will go well now! Jan

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

So sorry you are going through this JLily. I had just started coming back here after I retired to play and our lives were turned upside down with cancer too. DH diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He had his first chemo Tuesday. Been really ruff on him and they say it gets worse. Hope not.

Prayers for you. Always good to have some thing to look forward to in your garden. I am going to have a garden but probably will have to be spending lots of time caring for Joe. Hoping he can start eating soon. Not planning any large projects.

Hugs to you chris

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Hope the new treatments are doing more for you & that you aren't sick from them. Let us know how you are doing! Hugs & prayers for your recovery! Jan

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Hope the new treatments are working out better & that you are doing OK. Please let us know ! Hugs & prayers that things are going better! Jan

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Sorry they refused my 1st message so had to change topic head (Guess they decided to accept both messages)
    & rewrite- that's why almost same thing.(also had just been to neighbor's funeral so not thinking too clear. Will sure miss my wonderful neighbor. So still hoping you are doing better on new meds, Jilly!! Jan

• jlily
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello all,

I've had computer problems along with the rest!! I am delighted to say I am doing great. The blood tests say this chemo is doing its' job. I am super energized and working in the garden. I had my veggie garden plowed yesterday. I hope to have some projects to share soon.Thank you all for your prayers~ they are working with Gods' help.JLily

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

So glad to hear you are feeling well again & meds are working! Plant a healthy garden & try couple of new things & be sure to plant some flowers for summer cheer! I love going out & seeing new blooms & sometimes a surprise as the birds "planted" a seed & something new is in the mix! Does seem like troubles all come at once! Hope yours are almost over! Thanks for letting us know so we can continue to think of you & pray for your good health! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

YEEHA!!! So glad you're feeling better and are up to planting a garden this year. Thanks for letting us know the good news!

• garyfla_gw
    10 years ago

Hi
    So how are things going now?? just passed my third year with lung cancer. Pet scan in May showed no activity at all even the original tumor and scar are gone
    i opted for Cyber knife rather than chemo though one DR. wanted to do both i refused due to side effects . So far seems like the right thing to do?? lol Even seem to have the Emphezema under control.
    Good luck wishing you the best!!! gary

• jlily
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I am reporting in. Yesterday 8-8-13 I started my third kind of Chemo with this cancer. The new one is Abraxane. It has side effects (don't all medicines?) I will loose my hair again-it was just about getting long enough to trim but the tests showed some shrinking of some tumors and growth on others. I made and decorated hats for myself-and have been making them for others at the cancer clinic. I LOVE to see the ladies picking out one of my hats. Now I will make a few for myself, again.
    Gary I hope you are still doing great. Thank you all for your best wishes. I am still active and hopeful. JLily

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

So sorry that you have to go for another type of chemo, JLily, but you're very strong and I know you'll do fine! Sending you prayers and the best wishes possible for physical and mental healing from this cancer.

• jlily
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Merry Christmas to all-and a Happy New Year!!

I've just started my 4 th kind of chemo. Hanging in but not doing anything great. I enjoyed my garden more this year than I ever did. I even canned a few vegetables. Love to you all! Jlily

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear it has been such a long haul, nearly 1 yr. Hope this does it & you can have a great garden this spring. Stay warm & get well! My 1st cousin is going through chemo for 1st time & doing well. Glad you have a good support system & good DR. that means a lot. Hugs & prayers, Jan

• nonacook
    10 years ago

Merry Christmas, Jlilly!
    You have done wonders this year in your garden. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas, and that this chemo completely cures your cancer. It has been a long struggle for you. You have been often in my prayers!

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Surely hope that 2014 will be the year of your cure! So good to hear from you and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?