Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Frosty Log Birdhouse Morning

jeannespines
15 years ago

A very beautiful frosty Iowa morning yesterday...

here's a little Junco bird on his way to the pergola bird sanctuary for some feed... outside my LR window. Just wanted to share...as I really need less COLD and more sunshine!...thanks to all who are posting their warmth! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:77176}}

Comments (6)

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

What a great picture! Love the junco.
    kathy

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

We had another snow storm yesterday. The birds were all over the feeders today.

Look at this little cutie with the snow on her beak from digging in the snow for the seed.

{{gwi:77177}}

~Sandy~

• garden2garden
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh ladies, what sweet bird pictures. Jeanne that looks like it came straight out of 'Christmas Ideals' (do they make that magazine anymore? rememeber with the beautiful glossy perfect pictures) Love your log birdhouse. Great shot. Looks so cold and crisp.
    Sandy how cute. It's been forever (well more than 20 years anyway, lol) since I saw a bird with snow on it's beak like that. Used to love all the little ones that would come around looking for food after a snowstorm. Looks like a little female cardinal
    Enjoyed the snow pics. Donna

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Beautiful! We love birds, I just wish I had a camera that would let me take close up shots. I had a road runner the other day, but by the time I got my camera he had run across the road. Ny DH can identify birds so it is really fun when he does that, he has books that help him indentify them.

Aren't God's Creatures Incredible!

Sylvia
    Con El Favor De Dios

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Beautiful photographs!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

cape ... I enjoyed your sweet "icey" cardinal pic...they are so beautiful, aren't they! Oh, but I am lo-o-nging for spring already...bought a stone bunny today at TJMaxx .... love that store (of left-overs) ... have $50 gift from my union at work for a retirement gift that I received just before Christmas...so that was a surprise...my bunny, $7.99...(I retired June 30th)...so am on the look-out for good "garden stuff!" Glad you GJers' enjoy pics! Jeanne S.