Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiesunshine_gw

Ms ~ ~ ~ C A I T ~ ~ ~ Hope U R SAFE ! !? ? ?

susiesunshine
15 years ago

Oh Dear Ms Cait ~~~

Heard about the Fires in "A" down under....

Hope that

you are totally SAFE & SOUND ! ! !

Our Prayers are with you and DH & Family !!!

I
know those kind of things are truly scary ! ! !

Let us hear from you ASAP ! ! !

God Bless !

SusieSunshine

*** Our Prayers & Special Thoughts R with (((YOU)))

Comments (25)

• cait1
    15 years ago

I was pretty sure someone would ask...

Yes, it's been BAD. We were evacuated last night and found lodgings... actually, the Red Cross found us a place to sleep. We returned home this morning and found our house safe and sound. Two blocks up from us was burned and about a mile down the road houses were burned out. Right now we are staying with family because I'm so freaked out to stay in the house since I can still see smoke across the way in the hills. I'll tell you all more about it once I'm back home and our internet connection is back up.

Thanks for your prayers. I'll take more!!!! HA! (actually, yesterday I was terrified but feeling better now that I'm pretty far from the fires and in a safety zone)

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Cait,

So glad to hear that you are safe and sound. We will be praying that everything is ok at your home as well as where you are staying.

~Micki~

• Bright199
    15 years ago

I was just checking in to see if anyone had reported in. What about calamityjane... doesn't she live there too??

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Cait~

So glad you're safe! We'll be thinking about you and your family and keeping you in our prayers!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Yes, Cait, so good to know that you're safe! Those huge fires are terrifying! Thank you SusieSweetie for starting the thread!!!

Hopefully your garden and home will survive the elements! Y'all stay safe and sound above all, so glad you have family to be there for you, that's priceless! ~tenderlee

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I don't think there is anything more frightening than fire ... okay for me it would be to be stuck in the middle of the ocean treading water with sharks around me! I can certainly understand you fear of staying home with the fires so close by. How scary! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers along with your lovely partly remodeled home that you worked so hard on and your gorgeous gardens! Be safe!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Cait, I had seen the fires on the news and thought of you. We live in wooded country and are always thinking of fires in the summer/fall seasons and try to fireproof our property as best we can... I'm so glad all is well!

But...don't worry because you have Trygg the Troll to protect you! He will scare any fires away!!!! :o)

Take care of you and yours and we will be praying for LOTS of rain for you!

Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Cait, I'm so relieved you are ok. And your wonderful gardens and home have been spared. When I saw the news this morning that 84 people have died so far, and whole towns destoyed, I felt just sick at heart.
    (A lot of Whippet people in Australia too, so between them and you, I am praying madly for everyone.)

Your guardian angel worked overtime.
    luv, Karen

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Cait ... I've been out-of-touch with all of this over the weekend...but now you are in my thoughts and prayers...thank God you have family there to go to & sounds like a good Red Cross! Take care of you and DH. Jeanne S.

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

Cait.....So glad to hear you are alright.I be thinking of you and praying that the fires stop soon. Take care ...
    Joan

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I saw some reports of the fires on tv. So glad that your home is still there. I hope it ends soon. It looks horrible.
    kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Cait, glad you are OK & house is still there! News said whole towns are gone & death toll is 108 now. In Queenland it said they are having floods so your country is really getting it!! Oh, 117 temp today too!! That is really hot!! You are in my prayers also!! Jan

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Oh what devastation!

I hadn't read the paper or seen the news the last couple of days and had no idea this was going on, until I saw this thread. I've been watching videos and reading about it online just now. It's just terrible!

I am so happy to know you and your DH are safe. I hope you will be able to return to your own home soon.

God bless you!

~Sandy~

• cait1
    15 years ago

Thank you ALL!!! We were hoping to be able to go home today but my area has now been put on high risk. I feel sick. I spend a lot of the day praying we have a home to go home to. I can't thank you enough for all your prayers. I knew I could count on my GJ family. And that does my heart good.

Death toll now 131 and they are expecting it to rise. Entire towns wiped out. One in particular really breaks my heart - Marysville. That is the town where that beautiful sculpture garden is, Bruno's place. And now they are saying it looks as if it was deliberately lit. How can anyone want to destroy a town? I am sick and saddened over this.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.
    Love you guys... Cait

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Oh Cait, I'm so glad you are okay, but sad that you haven't returned home yet. We will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Bless you,

Donna in Florida

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

Oh Cait! You and the rest of the folks in Oz have been in my prayers ever since I heard about the fires. I can't even imagine how it must be for you. I just keep holding an image of your Lady Garden all green and beautiful in my mind and praying that it stays that way.

I'm so glad that YOU and yours are alright. As tragic as the loss of a home is YOU are irreplaceable!

~~Mimi

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Just heard about the fires yesterday and was very worried about you. Thank you Lord, for keeping Cait and her family safe!

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

cait
    i was worried about you before and now fires
    please be safe. my prays are with you

debby

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Cait, I am so sorry for the heartache and devastation that is around you. How awful to think it could be a deliberate act of hate. I hope you will be able to return home soon, I know with the smoke still hanging there it could be unsafe. We are praying for you and your family and hope you can find some little bit of normal again in your life.
    Thank you for keeping us posted, you are a precious lady and I am so glad you are OK.
    blessings to your family-sherri

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Cait, I've been trying to follow the news and its just so heartbreaking that arson is suspected in some of the fires.
    How could anyone do that to the land, and the animals..and much worse, kill all those people and destroy their homes and livlihood. I will never understand things like this.
    I sincerely hope they slowly burn in H---, if not here on earth. (Sorry if that offends anyone).

I will continue to pray for your home and gardens, and for everyone caught in this devastation.

hugs, Karen

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Cait, I've been thinking of you all day...wondering how you are. I pray you and your DH are safe, and that your home has managed to stay out of the path of these terrible flames.

That arson is possible and probably a sure thing is unbearably angering and sad!!

May God bless you and keep you and yours safe!

~Sandy~

• susiesunshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

T * H * A * N * K * S ~ ~ ~ ~ E v e r y o n e !!!!!!!!!!!
    for
    continuing Our Prayers for Ms Cait & Family &
    all families and people of our Down Under
    Australia neighbors ! ! !
    What a scary ~~~ trying ~~~ hard time for everyone envolved!!!

Let's All keep praying ! ! !

Hopefully we will hear from Ms Cait again soon!!!

God Bless ALL !
    SusieSunshine

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Cait ... Just thinking of you and praying for you and your DH's family & friends & all of those families who lost their loved ones during this time...unbelievable pain & suffering. Hold on to each other! Jeanne S.

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Cait, my tears flow from sorrow & grief for the lives of humans & animals, the loss of homes & land, for the strain & worries everyone is facing for your homeland caused by these deliberate set fires. I pray you are still safe.
    Vickie

• susiesunshine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

*** Dear Cait ~~~~
    Just want you to know that we are ALL still
    continuing to pray for you and your family and
    all your neighbors and fellow countrymen & Women !!!!

~ ~ ~ Let us hear from you when you can....

Until then.............

I Know God Will Hold you in His arms and
    & I Know the He will comfort you....
    I
    don't mean to take it lightly..... I can Not
    even imagine .... how scary and how frightening...
    and how... Terribly Sad... this all must be...

But... Your Life Is soooooo Important to us..
    and we are glad that you and your family
    are safe !
    We Treasure Your Pictures that you have shared
    and the hard work you have put into your home &
    garden....

We will be continuing to Say Many
    Special Prayers for All of you

((((((((((((((((( Y A ' L L )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    (

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living