Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Junk Train & Campbell in Washington State (Picture Heavy)

kirkus
13 years ago

We have truly enjoyed this second go-around with The Junk Train! Campbell, the new mascot, has been GREAT FUN!

Here's what we picked from the train! Someone (nmgirl?) had a special something for us in the package...the 2 glass bears and 3 bells for windchimes. Thank you! We also picked out a spur, some glass prisms for windchimes, hinges and handles for birdhouses, Elephant Ear seeds!!!, a clear glass dish for a windchime, some cool tile, a rustic metal scoop, metal snowflakes, and some rustic bells. Our kids picked out the 2 Teddy Bears as well! :o) WHAT FUN!!!! GREAT PICKINGS! Thank you!!!

{{gwi:77340}}

Campbell was starved when he climbed out of the box! He went right for the cupboard and picked out all of the Campbell Soups! Looks like he's saying, "These are my Campbell Soups! Keep away!" LOL

{{gwi:77341}}

He has heard stories of JT, the last mascot, discovering our blue bottle collection! So, he found our little blue bottle collection, the ones we are saving for a little bottle windchime. He also wanted to climb the bottle tree like JT had done!!! :o) (The bottle tree has grown more blue bottles since the time JT was here!)

{{gwi:77342}}

{{gwi:77343}}

{{gwi:77344}}

{{gwi:77345}}

Then, Campbell wanted to go outside and meet my new moose, our bunny on the swing, and a few of my bears! He was ecstatic to meet Bart, the biggest of our bears at our road entrance!

{{gwi:77346}}

{{gwi:77348}}

{{gwi:77350}}

{{gwi:77352}}

{{gwi:77354}}

{{gwi:77357}}

{{gwi:77359}}

{{gwi:77361}}

Campbell wanted to visit our Pacific Northwest wildlife...visiting one of our birdhouses...

{{gwi:77362}}

He fell in love with my frog sprinkler head!

{{gwi:77363}}

Campbell scolded me for having a messy work area in the garage! LOL

{{gwi:77364}}

Finally, he wanted to meet Jasper, our new Golden Retriever puppy. (Don't worry, nmgirl, Jasper didn't nibble on any frog legs! LOL)

{{gwi:77365}}

An exhausting weekend for Campbell and his hosts! We will pack him up and stuff the box tomorrow! Then, off to the next destination, a very warm place where a CACTUS can grow! :o)

Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

Comments (12)

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

How fun! And your new puppy is so darn cute! Thanks for sharing so many of your past creations. I wish we would have had our computer up and running when nmgirl was taking names for the Junk Train. It was so much fun the last time, I would have loved to have joined it again this time too. Now I can't wait to see what you do with your gifts.

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

Great photos, thanks Kirk! I really like one of the 2 frogs. It was good to see photos of JT at your place, I'd forgotten it was snowy when she visited you. Did you get any shots of Campbell and the kids?
    Jasper sure has grown, in the photo he doesn't look to sure about Campbell.
    Thanks for keeping the Junk Train rolling along!
    Sylvia

• tehuti
    13 years ago

Those bears were sitting around steeped in Winter's boredom, just waiting for something to do or somewhere to go when the Junk Train pulled in; and when I ran out of packing material at least three volunteered to hold everything in place for the next leg from Nevada to Washington. To tell the truth I don't know how many managed to sneak in before the train pulled out.

What I removed:
    {{gwi:77366}}

What I put back.
    {{gwi:77367}}
    and the Bears of course.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Boy, Kirk & Robert...looks like you both hit the JACKPOT..Miscellaneous assortment of mail and parcels piled in the aisle of a baggage car and requiring removal before the mail in the stalls can be "worked"...that's RR lingo! LOL!

Looks like you've both kept that train a-rollin'!

kirk...your blue bottle tree looks BEAUTIFUL in the snow even w/that "orange thing-y" hanging in it! LOL! Good to see JT pics, too! Looks like Campbell had a bear-able time!

robert...nice salvagable stash, too! (>even though the pkg suffered a head-on collision!

Kirk, maybe ? you can post & link this to nmmexico's original "Junk Train 2011 has left the station!" thread...so that your post here w/pics doesn't get lost on down the line...more RR lingo!

This is GREAT fun! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm glad to see Campbell hopping on down the line, I'm gathering things to deposit on the train. Kirkus,I was so glad to see that Campbell and all your bears got along so well, silly me I thought frogs were right up there with fish for bear appetizers. I love the new moose and of course Jasper too. Robert, you lucky dog you, those cowboy license plates are too cool.
    Frou

• backyardmom
    13 years ago

Kirk loved all the pictures.I think that's the best part of the junk train,seeing the pictures.
    What great treasures you both have.
    Luna Are you going in on the Spring Fling? I hope you do!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

WOW!! Looks like both you and Robert hit the mother load! I had to laugh at Campbell hogging the soups at your house Kirk! And the picture of him with Bart the bear was great! Looks like loads of great stuff for all kinds of projects to come!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Can't wait until we hear when the Junk Train arrives at its next destination! We're watching for it. Should be any day now. :o)

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

What fun! Kirk I love that bird house! I don't think I ever saw it before. Robt was so clever to pack with bears.
    Great photos.
    Kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Kirk, I just noticed your desk is identical to mine except that mine has right side looking same as left on the end(2 legs) & 1 more leg at left end of drawer right, beside the place to slide chair in. Yours has a single leg or 2 under center of those 3 drawers. My 3 drawers have 3 wooden removable dividers in each of them. The long drawer has a pencil-chalk holder that is rounded right inside it & key lock.It's very deep from wall out to front seems like about 36 in. same as other 1 in kitchen. I was told it was used at a high school locally. Mine is more of a brownish look, I'm sure someone had done it but did a good job. I store all my 1 qt varnishes in those drawers, perfect fit. Jan

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jan, Your desk sounds like mine on the inside. Love all of the compartments. :o) I bought mine at a surplus sale in the school district in which I teach. Love the history of it...it just tells a story. :o)

This past summer, I had the top all cleared off...I was so proud. Then, winter came...and a place to store things until spring. :o)

I love the writing board that comes out. I use it as support for all of the wind chime pieces when I drill. :o)

Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Great photos, Kirk. They sure made me smile. Campbell obviously had a ball at your house. Tho I see he got in trouble right off the bat, disobeying his 'Mom' and visiting your puppy. LOL, Guess he's going to give JT some serious competition in the Cuteness Dept. That close-up of him with Bart was a hoot...they have the same expression in that picture!

You made a great haul. Who doesn't love teddy bears!!
    (Robert, those were wonderful packing material!)

I am looking forward to all the pictures of his travels, every time I look at JT's album its so much fun. Guess Campbell will be wanting an album too. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio