Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Prayers needed for a Co-worker!

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

Terry, a co-worker of mine, was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. She underwent surgery a little over a week ago. Things were looking up and she thought she wouldn't have to go through chemotherapy but then she got some bad news the other day. They aren't sure if the cancer has spread. They are doing a number of tests to determine if it has spread through her body. Apparently she has some aggressive strain of breast cancer. I know y'all have a hotline to God so I'm hoping your prayers can help one more person.

I really feel for her. She is divorced and raising a teenage boy on her own. I understand her ex-husband is pretty much a loser. In the past year, she got demoted when they eliminated the job she had. Her hours were cut from 40 per week to 32. She changed insurance plans to save on her portion of the premium and all the surgery and cancer treatment will require more out of pocket costs to her. Right before she was diagnosed with the cancer, she hit a deer and her car, though drivable, has a big dent in the front of it. When she shared her latest bad news about the cancer via email, she sounded so down and depressed.

Please say a prayer for Terry that she heals and bounces back with minimal pain and discomfort. She sure can use all the help she can get!

Comments (17)

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Terry has my prayers. She has had her share of bad things happening, so it's time for something better to come her way.
    Tell her that I send my love, and my prayers for the healing spirit of God to touch her body.

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Prayers going out to your co-worker, Terry and family...thank you, luna, for your request. And many good thoughts & prayer coming your way also as you make these new changes in your life. from your GJ friend, Jeanne S.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Wow , Terry has my prayers! It almost makes it seem impossible when bad things keep coming ones way. Hopefuuly shecwill have faith and hope(and many others rooting for her, believing in her and praying for her).
    I heard someone once say that when you are at the end of your rope you tie a knot in it and hang on! Hang in there Terry !

Love, Jules

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Prayers coming for Terry. And her son, who also must be having a really tough time with all that's happened to her.

And speaking of prayers, I hope things are going well for you and Bob.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

I'll be praying for your friend too! So sorry she's got so much to deal with.

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks ladies! I told her I'd have people praying for her on the internet and she was really touched by it. Thanks again for all your help and kindness!

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Terry is doing pretty well considering. She started her chemo. She is worried about losing her pretty and thick long hair. But she bought a wig because they told her one of the meds she will be on will definitely make her lose her hair. Her first session made her kind of queasy. They gave her some Benadryl because they were afraid she might have an allergic reaction and she said it made her extremely sleepy. When she returned to work on Friday her face was very flushed. She wasn't sure what that was about. She didn't have a fever so that wasn't it. I thought it might be something messing with her hormones because she was feeling hot like she was having hot flashes.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers that the chemo does its stuff and she comes out of this with a clean bill of health for her sake and her son's. She could use some good news for a change.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Thanks for the update, Luna. Prayers continue. This is so heartbreaking to think what she, and her son, are facing. Hopefully both have family and friends who can give them a lot of support.

hugs, Karen

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Prayers continuing for Terry....

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

luna...continued prayers for your friend & family...my sis is a breast cancer survivor. Thanks for the update. Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Hope the chemo gets better for Terry! Continuing prayers for her & son!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Poor Terry is losing her very pretty hair. She had long wavy hair. After a couple of weeks of chemo, she chopped it off to chin length. Last Friday she was wearing a "halo" wig with a scarf. She said it is coming out in clumps now and she cut if off to about a 1/2" length. She did look very cute with the wig and scarf and I told her so. She is so self conscious of the way she looks. I told her I would probably walk around bald just because I'd hate wearing something on my head. lol She seems to be doing well otherwise. Her color is good and she isn't losing too much weight (she was well padded to begin with). Although she has gotten sores on her face close to her hairline and she said she is getting them on her scalp too. Keep those prayers coming!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

luna...bless your co-worker...she is going thru alot...good thoughts & prayers coming again...thanks for the update reminder. Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Hair grows back in so wigs or scarfs work fine & probably scarfs better if she is breaking out. Hope her son is doing OK. Rough on kids. Robbin Roberts ABC morning show)is doing very well but I've heard she had a few bad days so hope Terry keeps in mind that there will be brighter days ahead. Will keep her & family in my prayers. Jan

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Please tell Terry that I am praying for her. Tell her about me and how our prayer warriors got me through this!
    Nothing touches me more than a single mom I was there once and thank the Lord I was young enough to not know I was stressing. I will also pray for her son.
    God Bless Her and You
    You are always so thoughtful

NanaGrandma/Sylvia

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Her son is adjusting well. He helps her out more around the house too. And she is lucky she lives next to her mom and dad so they help her out too (like cleaning her cat box since she was told not too while she is going through chemo). She said she never realized how much her son loved her until she was going into surgery and he was holding her hand the entire way. Terry has a great sense of humor and a good attitude so I'm sure that helps in putting her son's mind at ease. She strikes me as the type of mom who would cry alone so as not to upset him. She is also a little overwhelmed with the cost of everything but she is thankful when insurance covers the cost of her wig/hair pieces and the clinic gives her samples of extremely expensive medications. Keep those prayers comin'!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Thanks for the update, Luna. Prayers continue. That is wonderful she is holding to her humor and good attitude.
    And her son sounds like a wonderful young man. She IS lucky to have parents right next door too. A lot of love and support surround her, plus the prayers from here...so
    hoping for a great outcome for this lady.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES