Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

The Sale of our Home

kirkus
14 years ago

Oh boy! Our real estate agent called today and said a client is VERY interested in buying our home and close to making an offer soon! We have only had our home on the market for less than 3 weeks and shown it to 3 poeple! Please pray...pray...pray. :o) Our agent is so INCREDIBLY nice and is doing a thorough job! Turns out she goes to my brother's church, and he has nothing but kind things to say about her. We have met with a builder. Another NICE, HONEST man! Turns out he too attends my brother's church. He too is known as a man of integrity!

We have worried about where we will stay between the sale of our home and the completion of our new home. The secretary at the school in which I teach has suggested an apartment above their shop!

Boy, oh, boy. Everything seems to be falling into place.

We've been approved for a construction loan and will go ahead with that once we sign papers.

Please pray...pray...pray. :o)

Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:77419}}

Comments (17)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Hugs & prayers that the sale goes through & that the new house will soon be under construction!! Jan

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Sounds like you are a man with a plan!
    Praying that things work smoothly for your
    family. God is good and helps when needed!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

YEEHA!!! As I said on facebook....prayers are in route from VA! So happy for you guys!!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Good luck Kirk! I hope it they buy your house!
    kathy

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

That shows how long I've been MIA . Are you selling your house ? I'm sorry if I dug up old information ...
    Is that your current house ?

Toomuchglass is walking away in a huff,envying that awesome house ... ** I wish I lived in Washington !

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for your words of encouragement and prayers! We're trying to be low-key about things but our agent has told us she has never had such overwhelming positive reactions about a house. :o)

Yes, Toomuchglass, that is our house we're selling. Wanna buy it? :o) We're planning on building a new home on acreage we found. We'll have a covered front porch again AND a screened in back porch!

I'll keep everyone posted! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Sounds like good things are happening! Prayers coming your way to you, Kirk & Carol & family...hope you have some good storage units in your community!

Awesome that you are planning a log home! Good luck & keep us posted. JeanneS.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Things seem to be moving amazingly fast. Prayers and good thoughts...ALWAYS! I'm going to miss this house and yard you've shared in so many photos, but I know the next one will be even more fantastic and I can't wait to see it.
    What fun you will have doing a new GJ yard with all your great treasures! I'm so excited and happy for you.

hugs, Karen

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Prayers coming your way! I hope it all goes well and you will be in the new house very soon. I hope you are taking all of your wonderful art with you to the new home!

BTW I have something for your new garden when you get moved. I won't send it now, I am sure you have enough stuff to move!

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Prayers coming your way that your home sells quickly and you can open the new chapter in your life with the start of your new log home (that I can't wait to see!).

• leveta
    14 years ago

That's great Kirkus...When we sold our house we only had it on the market 3 weeks also and the first ones to come through bought it.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Curious to know if there is any NEW news regarding your home situation Kirk? If I'm thinking right you just may be in the midst of signing papers, packing boxes and living in limbo along with working full time! Hang in there and drop a line here when you get a breather.
    Love, Jules

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey, Jules! Just saw your post. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Crazy time of the year as our house is still on the market, and I'm getting ready for parent/teacher conferences. We've had lots of interest in our home...so we're praying things will happen... We've got a friend whose daughter has a shop with an apartment above it on property not too far from the property where we will build. They want to rent it to us. That way, we can keep our Golden Retrievers and kitty and not have to board them. Please pray things happen soon as it is sooooo difficult keeping our house in mint condition to show when we have a 3 year old and a 9 year old!!! LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

Jules, I'll attach our virtual home tour...not to sell our home...but to let you see what it looks like inside. I've always showed the outside for Garden Junk treasures! :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Home

• wannadanc
    14 years ago

That has to be one of the nicest virtual tours I have EVER seen!!!!!!!!! Best wishes in finding a buyer and getting on with life plans! The home IS lovely!!!!!!!

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Kirk- that is so amazing! It's incredible that the realtor didn't tell you to take down/ out all the " personal" items!! THAT would have been a chore! Sound like things are progressing good. The apartment above a business sounds like a good in between solution.
    Love, Jules

• beck_wi
    14 years ago

Kirk,
    Do you realize your address is on that virtual tour?

Maybe I'm just over paranoid about the personal stuff I post... there are way too many crazy people in this world.

• beck_wi
    14 years ago

I forgot to say.. I LOVE your house and if I lived closer I'd be putting in an offer tonight.

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions