Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Kirk and Carol

smickerdoodle
15 years ago

Ok now the doctor wants me to add a glass of wine each day to my diet. It is a test to see if my kidneys will pull the alcohol out of my system. I was wondering what kind of wine Carol likes in the blue bottles. If I am going to be drinking alcohol for the sake of science, I might as well be benefiting my bottle tree at the same time right? I am not a big wine drinker so I have no idea what is good before I open it and take a taste.

Micki

Comments (7)

• leveta
    15 years ago

If you don't mind smick. Unless you need a red wine, Andre makes a wonderful peach wine. It's very light...Hope you don't mind my two cents..

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Leveta. Anyone's input is welcome. They didn't say that I had to drink a certain kind of wine. I think they just want me to drink something with some alcohol in it but not hard liquor. Does the peach wine come in a blue bottle? It is bad when you want to shop for wine by the color of the bottle...lol. I just knew that Carol likes her wine and that she gets some in blue bottles. I wanted to try it.

• leveta
    15 years ago

No i'm sorry it doesn't. Hey our minds done work like others. LOL...I think junk in the darnset circumstances(sp)...lol God bless you smick...

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Micki, Oooh, what a good idea... Carol and I were just talking about this the other day to find a good tasting wine for her in blue bottles so we can collect MORE bottles for our bottle tree. When we have collected blue bottles before, Carol just went for the pretty blue bottles and suffered through the taste...although we did find neat blue bottles at the liquor store in Canada on our anniversary a few years back.

We're anxious to hear what others recommend for taste. Carol says that it's too bad we can't all get together for a blue bottle/wine tasting party! LOL (I would bring the Bud Light and cheese! LOL Too bad Bud doesn't come in a blue bottle.)

Carol found some cool blue bottles (unfortunately with yucky wine in them) at World Market. She also saw empty ones sold at the home brewing store...they even had those cool blue bottles with the attached ceramic tops.

Now, if you need a good wine that's not in a blue bottle, she's an expert! :o)

Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

I've only seen white wine in blue bottles. I drink red wine, so that's pretty annoying!!

Does anyone know of a red wine that comes in a blue bottle? If I can find a half way decent one...I'll be good to go!! LOL

~Sandy~

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Yes Reisling comes in blue bottles, too bad you can't have hard liquor, because Agave Tequila has really pretty blue bottles! Do you have a Longs Drug Store, they have really good wine deals! Reisling is fruity that's why I like it!
    Have fun, maybe you can light some candles put on some music and sip that wine, LOL I hope they give me the same prescription! ;(*_*);

Enjoy

Sylvia

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sylvia,

I wish you luck with that perscription. The reason they are giving it to me is to test how well my kidneys are functioning. A year ago Christmas, I put a shot of Bailey's in a cup of hot chocolate and when the doctor drew blood to test three days later I was legally intoxicated. This was a really good indication that my kidneys weren't doing their job. Since they aren't treating your kidneys I doubt that they will tell you to drink wine...but they did tell me when I was going through treatments to eat or drink anything my little heart desired...