Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Why God Made Moms

luna_llena_feliz
15 years ago

I got this from my sister-in-law and thought it was so cute I just had to share! I can picture 2nd graders coming up with these answers.

From the mouths of babes!

WHY GOD MADE MOMS Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:

Why did God make mothers

1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
  2. Mostly to clean the house
  3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers

1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
  2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirrin'.
  3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?

1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
  2. They had to get their start from men's bones... then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?

1. We're related
  2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your mom?

1. My Mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
  2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy
  3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?

1. His last name
  2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
  3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your mom marry your dad?

1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
  2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
  3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?

1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
  2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
  3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What's the difference between moms & dads?

1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
  2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
  3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
  4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mom do in her spare time?

1. Mothers don't do spare time.
  2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?

1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery
  2. Diet. You know her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?

1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean I'd get rid of that.
  2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
  3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of

her head.

Comments (6)

• leveta
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

That is soooo cute...Out of the mouth of babes....

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

tooo cute

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

This is great!! You just can't beat the stuff that comes out of kids mouths!!

It reminds me of when my 16 yr. old granddaughter was about 3 yrs. old. I baby sat for her when her mom worked. One day, she was sitting at my dining room table having her lunch. She kept looking all around the room, at the shelves, buffet, liquor cabinet, tea cart, etc. with their knickknacks and glass. Finally she said, "Nana, you have too much stuff!" I said, "Torey, don't you like Nana's stuff?" She said, "Yes, I like it...but you have toooo much!"

I almost peed my pants laughing!

~Sandy~

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

I love these; childen are so honest!

Sylvia

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

My Wonderful MIL visited every yr. She had just arrived when my DD ran up to her & said, "Grandma, why is your hair blue?" I didn't know what to do & she grabbed my hand & said" is it?" I had to tell her it was,she asked if I would help her pick a proper color as she didn't want her GK's to be embarrassed. I wanted to cry!!!! I went right up to beauty supply & we redid her hair & she was pleased! She told me if she was doing anything else that didn't look right to tell her & I told her she was just fine & reason I didn't tell her about the blue hair was she was great MIL with any color hair or no hair for that matter!! She told me her hairdresser had talked her into it. She was best MIL ever!!! I really miss her! About kids, I taught 2 yr old kids & we were supposed to talk about Jesus dying on the cross. I told the elder I couldn't teach that to 2 yr olds as they would just get confused. He didn't think so. I said I would test them & see. I asked them what it meant to die. Little girl said, I know, it's what my mom does. I said OH,tell me about it. She said, Well, she takes a bottle of smelly stuff & makes an awful mess of her hair & when it gets washed off it's supposed to be pretty but sometimes it isn't! Another said that is what people do in movies until the next 1 & then they are OK again. They deceided that 2 yr olds were too young to teach about dying.Jan

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I started with 2 yr old class & ended up with up to 5 yrs old over the yrs. So this "die" stuff came out of 3-4 yr olds!! Sometimes I don't make myself very clear. I did not have any genius 2 yr olds! I was too good with the 2 yr olds as I soon ended up having younger than that in jumpseats & myDH made a horseshoe shaped table that I sat inside of with the kids all around. Only time I asked for help was for someone to take little one out for fresh diaper!!! Now they are all married & have kids of their own!! Time flies!! Jan

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington