Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akup_a

Road trip!!!

akup_a
15 years ago

NOT!!!

I found a site for free cycle from a nearby town. A lady was offering metal tv trays. I love these old things. I want to decoupage labels to them. I made arrangements to pick them up on a Sat.

DH & I take a trip to this town but could not find the street names from the directions. We stopped & asked people who did not recognize the names. By now, I've missed my appointment. Some people get really up set when you make a time to meet & you don't show up! But, what could I do? I tried.

Got back home, contacted the lady to apologize, & .......

that's when I noticed this site was from Canada!!! I live in Texas, USA! I've checked this site for a month & never saw the Candaian flag. Talk about The Old Woman messing around with ya brain or lack of one!

I tell ya'll this cause I was thinking I'd love to take a trip to see SusieRose's beautiful yard and her little houses. But, now I think I'm afraid of trips!!!

Vickie

Comments (14)

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Good heavens...what a riot!! It sounds like something I'd do!! LOL

Sorry you missed out on the free trays, but that would have been one mighty long drive!! chuckle

~Sandy~

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Vickie, I've been accused of living in the suburbs of OK but I promise I'm closer than Canada!!!! LOLOLO Just email me and I'll tell you where I am located. Either up 75 North or up 35 North. Right now I'm sitting in my teddybear PJ's and my hair is swirled up in a tangled knot so I will need some advance notice to clear the cobwebs. LOLOLO obnoxiously again.

P.S. Bring a paint brush!!!! Those little house's need some Rehab.

P.S.S. I'm just waiting on some bailout money before the little houses get condemed. ha. Wonder if the Preservationist Historical Society of the Uppermost Texas Suburb of Southern OK has funds to throw around or at least some leftover house paint? (I better hush there may be such a place.) I could take my penny bowling ball and roll it up on the counter at Sherwinn Williams and say "Count Em"!!! Maybe an archetectural (sp?) study grant on miniature yard phenomina. Sounds like PORK spending but if I put the word educational or CEO Bonus in there it might pass. huh? Where's the flippin' Folgers I'm running out of ideas????

• leveta
    15 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one....LOL...

• cait1
    15 years ago

Too funny!!! Thanks for the laugh!

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

OH MY G O O D N E S S ~ G R A C I O U S !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is just soooooooooooooooooo F U N N Y !!!!!!!!!!
    Oh me.... AKUP that is so sweet of you to tell
    us that....

I was thinking while I was reading... I should tell
    you my cell phone number.. then you could call me
    when you are "LOST" and I could look up the
    "MAP QUEST" map and give you the
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ D I R E C T I O N S ~~~~~~~

but.. as I was reading... I was think'n
    of me and my FREECYCLE>>> ADVENTURES>>>
    and
    My DH finally got me a New Van with the
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM... so I would quit getting
    ******* LOST ********** and getting home late
    to fix DINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this.... TEXAS ~~~~~~~~~~~~ To CANADA story
    really Takes the C*A*K*E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY............. I'm closer... up here in Illinois...
    maybe...
    if she still has the trays.//
    I could Dog Sled on up the rest of the way...
    pick up the Metal Trays.. for you...

Then I Could tell DH I am D E L I V E R I N G
    the trays..
    to You and ..... You & Ms SusieYellowRose of TEXAS
    and I could
    have our TEA PARTY.... Invite... MsDaisyDal down...
    across the Border..and
    everyone else... that wanted... ** Maybe Cait could
    catch a BIG BOAT and come on over ....(TeeHee)
    and
    have our selves... A *BIG* SHENDIG* at
    The SusieRose Wants.... Company PARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha
    Ha won't Hubs.. just croak on that one.....

Well... AKaup thank sooooooo much for sharing...
    It
    is a REALLY GOOD Story... and make the
    WORLD NEWS>>. not seem sooooooooooo Important!

Ok I'm gonna stop....
    cause....
    I would want Kirkus.. & Carol... & Purple Moon...
    and Use2BCapeCodder... and Jeannespines & Bright
    &tooooomuchglass and GoldenPond & Luvs2Click and
    other LUVS
    Tennessetrash & counterprimrose and NM GIRL
    debby_md a n d lunaLenaFeliz & sunnycal &
    smickerdoodle & nanagramma and Kudzukween &
    princess Mimi & rmurry and katishooked & mzclaassic
    calamityj & desertrat....
    leeveta & ..............................................

* A * L * L ~ ~ ~ ~ Y A 'll

come on over to SUSIEWANTSCOMPANY 's house !!!
    she and hubs are
    having a
    B I G ~~~~~~~~~~ HUGE ! ! ! Texas Hoedown !!!!
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA W !!!!!!!!
    rid'em little doggies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alert the T E X A S ~ ~ ~ RANGERS ! ! ! ! !

B ON THE L@@K OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G A R D E N ~ ~ ~ JUNKERS might L@@K RUSTY>>....
    but...
    we still got it go'N ~~~ ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Gosh.... I'm kinda sleepy... but
    I'm sure I forgot some of you " NICE FOLKS>"
    here's a couple
    more......................: Adina & Country Girl & Marlene
    Lindasew & sew &
    SunnyCa & Cindee11461 Hunter's mom & two months
    Nona Cook

and could the rest of you wonderful Folks....
    add your
    name to
    come to
    the BIG Doing's ............

tee hee..............

***** It really would be fun....
    and
    after alllllllll
    Kirkus...
    had that "DREAM" that we all show'd up
    at
    his & His Sweet Bride Ms Carol's
    place that time....

Well...........
    I better head off to la la land...
    or
    they might take me BACK TO THE FUNNY FARM ! ! !

HAPPY END OF FEBRUARY !!

&
    Get READY TO MARCH 4th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tee hee

SPRING N to SPRING !!!!

YEA !

God Bless Your Little Hearts!
    SusieSunshine

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Sorry about the aborted road trip! I would have been so SAD!
    And thanks Susie for putting my name on your list. How close are you to Parke County Indiana where my cabin is?

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Well heck!!! What a disappointment! Oh, but it does make me feel better when you guys do that sort of thing! The old woman has been messing with me so badly for the last few weeks!! Or maybe it's just old man winter! Sorry that you didn't get your trays...maybe you can find some in the good old USA!

• akup_a
    Original Author
    15 years ago

SusieRose, I have a stimulus package, paint brush & oops! paint that I gaurantee will bail out your "Teeny Town" economy!
    Vickie

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Vickie, OOps paint would be too much like 'common sense' spending!!!!! I would have to get off of my custom jet and go back to the 4th grade to see if I could understand such a concept.

(disclaimer- if anyone reading this is a Corp. CEO I'm just playin'. However, a few laps around the real world and you might just get a 'clue'. And shame on you!!!)

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Hah, Vickie, that's a funny story (maybe not to you though lol). Sounds like something I'd do also. The old woman, that mysterious hussy, messin' things up like that LOL.

About the shindig ... I'm in!!! Who's doing the tater salad and fried chicken? How many bedrooms ya got Susierose & Hubs? hehe .... Did I hear "Y'all come" LOL Don't panic just kiddin' ~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

tenderlee, We've got one bedroom that four of us sleep in-Hubs, me, Bailey Joe and Trevor. I have a three dog night everynight, I'm including Hubs in the dog pack. They all snore!!!

I have another bedroom that is full to the brim with sewing, crafts, and office stuff.
    {{gwi:77571}}
    The third bedroom is a Pink Victorian/Ballet dream room that my grandbabydaughterlove had when she lived with us. I cant even go in there because it makes me miss her too much. I keep the door shut but need to reopen it for guests.

I have that swinging bed on the front porch though!!!! It sleeps two weary adults after yard work!!!! And mosquito repellant is a must during the summer.

I could bake ya'll some cat head biscuits in the mornings! (my Grandmother's biscuits as big as a cat's head) They would go great with tator salad and fried chicken! Hubs swears that business will be picking up and we can entertain again soon. Susie

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I'd love to come! I am always road tripping with online friends. One friend and I are going to a gourd crafting workshop in April in Madison, WI. It will be a mini-vacation.

Hey, that old bat was here last Friday. We went to a frozen custard place near work (frozen custard is a specialty here in Wisconsin ... it's like thick, creamy soft serve made with eggs) for lunch. On the way out, I told them I was stopping at the bathroom. I walked through the bathroom door on my right. I was thinking how nice it smelled in there when I turned to my left and saw the urinal! Oops! Thank goodness no men were in there! I slid out as smooth as could be and slipped into the ladies room across the hall. My co-workers laughed their butts off when I told them what the crazy old lady did!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Boy I needed a laugh this morning! You guys are a riot!
    Old woman was here yesterday. She messed up my appointment book so I went to the Post office and was waiting in line when my appointment to show the last available space at the building I manage was waiting for me to get there! Luckily our cleaning person called me on my cell and I rushed back. As I ran into the building - NO KEY! Old woman had apparently cut a hole in my key pocket and the keys had fallen under the lining of my purse. I couldn't find the damn thing. No problem I said to the waiting ladies and left them in the lobby to get my spare office key from the tenant who holds one for me. He wasn't there. Dragged an office chair (on wheels) down the hall to the fire emergency light near my door and stood on it to get hidden key to my office stuck on top. Just then old woman thought it would be funny to twirl the chair! I'm standing there twirling (a Lucille Ball moment of which I've had many) and wondering if I'm going to fall off. Finally get the key and get into my office and go to spot where secret master key is hidden. Can't find it. Dump everything out of two drawers and finally dump my purse and cut open the lining to get key. Found out in the evening that "old man" aka dh had the secret spare hidden key in his pocket! Of course this was the day dh's partner from NYC (the one who owns most of the building) was coming to look at the work on the lobby. What a mess I had to clean up and old woman didn't lift a finger to help. The good news is the women really liked the space and when I rent it I'm going to ask for a raise! (Don't tell old woman)
    Hey Susie I'm a great painter! (house, not artistic)
    kathy

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus