Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
backyardmom

more on jt

backyardmom
15 years ago

HI everybody.It's been loads of fun with the JT.

Tonight i'm going to go thur the box and I'll take a picture.MY GK's are coming over to see Jt on Sat afternoon.

Then she's going to start packing for her trip to Washington State.She'll be on her on monday.My Dh and dog spent time with her during my hospital stay.The Dr's are puzzled with me.I have a clotting problem that tends to cause a blockage in my heart,but not this time.so they are going to be testing my Parathroid.And the GJ forum is something that keeps me going on with out all the self worry I have.I love this group of people.My Dh took Jt out side for me and took the pic's.He is having fun with it too.So thank you all for posting such intersting things that keeps me at my computer.Joan

Comments (5)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Joan, My big sister just told me about the Parathyroid last week. That can cause a bunch of bad symptoms!!!! She is 55 and had part of her thyroid removed and just insists that they should have checked her further. I am so glad you seem to have good doctors who are checking you closely! You can go online and see examples of the large growths that can grow on the parathyroid. Let us hear all about how they test for that. I'm sure as soon as everyone reads this there will be many prayers prayed tonight!!! Susie

• backyardmom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The parathyroid can cause alot of bone pain.That some people think that they have arthritis.Your vit d goes real low,which give symtoms of rickies.and your calicum goes high.Which cause kidney stone's which I had one late Dec.
    I do have a great group of Doc's.I've had 4 heart attacks in 3 yrs.So when I feel different.I started on Tuesday morning,light headed,dizzy.which said to me get to the er.
    You have to be aware of your body.It will let you know. Thanks for your thoughts Joan

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Lady at church had thyroid out couple of yrs ago & the dr took out all the parathyroids they are size of a pea. There are 4 I think on the edges of the thyroid. She has to have calcium every so many hours or she gets in trouble. It will be life long problem. So if anyone needs thyroid out be sure you get dr. who has done many & knows what he is doing. Also some so statin drugs, especially Zocor cause thyroid tumors- DIL had 9-I told her to stop taking it so they could do the surgery as can't take it for 2 weeks beforehand. She went to appt. & dr. said none of tumors is size they said, what are you doing that is making tumors go down, she told him that she had quit the zocor to get ready for surgery. He told her she probably didn't need surgery, she has to take thyroid now. My neighbor takes zocor- she has Hashimoto's disease, same as DIL so they are giving you pills that cause another disease, scarey!!! Physican's Deck Drug book says zocor causes cancerous tumors of thyroid in rats. Jan

• backyardmom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I can't take stain drugs.I get horrible leg cramps.I always look things up.The best site to go to is www.medlineplus.gov. My DD works in medical records at a hospital,and that's the site she refers to for questions.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

How fun to have your DH take JT out to have some fun with the dog and take pictures! He sounds like a wonderful guy. I'm sure your GKs will love having fun with her too.

My thoughts and prayers are with you! I have the same problem with statin drugs. With my fibromyalgia, I get the horrible cramps on top of all the muscle pain ... probably good thing too since the statin drugs are probably worse for you than the cholesterol. I hope the doctors get your clotting problem figured out and taken care of soon. Take care and keep us updated!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus