Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

please send some prayers to Kirk's family

Purplemoon
15 years ago

Lot of praying going on here this week, and I'd like to ask for some more. To go to Kirk and Carol's little Benjamin who turned 2 the hard way last Thurs. He got a cold and its steadily worsened. Resulting in a trip to the Emergency room, anti-biotics, and now home "Nebulizer " treatments as he's so congested.

The doc said he has bronchial-viral pneumonia. He goes back to the doc on Thurs and if he's not better will have to stay in the hospital. Kirk and Carol have been thru so very much this winter, that it breaks my heart. So I'm hoping a load of prayers will get little BenBear well fast and no hospital stay.

hugs, Karen

Comments (32)

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Oh My! My prayers will definately be going up for Little Benjamin. I know how hard it is when the little ones get pnemonia. My girls used to get it regularly because they were premies. I was so glad when that stopped. My prayers are also there for Kirk and Carol. It is so much work and stress when the little ones are sick. Hang in there you guys!

~Micki~

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Poor little Ben!

{{gwi:77684}}

I have been praying for him to get better and not dehydrate. It's so hard for little ones to be admitted to the hospital. And Kirk and Carol have already been through so much. All this, on top of everything else that has happened to them, has taken a real toll.

Apparently, Ben will eat but won't drink. That is a real concern.

Praying hard here for little Ben and his parents!

~Sandy~

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Been there!!! My daughter was hospitalized with it at age 9 months. Not a good memory. I do remember severe fatique and worry. But she grew up to be a hand full anyway. So we might ask The Lord to relax any tension that is building up and draining them of energy. It is harder on the parents than it is on the children. Praise the Lord for Antibiotics!!! We're with you guys. Susie

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Ben Bear, hope you are feeling better! (and Mommie & Daddy, too).
    Get well soon and will be sending prayers your way! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:77687}}

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Just got done with my mom spending two weeks in the hospital with a SEVERE case of Pneumonia. i brought her to my home to recover but doc says it may be 2 months til she normal.
    Thank goodness 2 year olds heal faster.Prayers from Florida
    Tanya

• leveta
    15 years ago

I'm sorry ro hear this. Prayers heading you way and a BIG hug to little Ben....

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. We're going through the exact same thing with our grandson who lives with us. He moved here from Washington state about a year ago, and used to the air there. Here the temperature seldom gets freezing, and if it does, it doesn't stay cold enough to freeze and kill the fungus, so sinus infections and bronchial problems and respiratory infections are common and severe. He's been in and out of the hospital all year, and quite a few times in the last couple months or so. He's had to have breathing treatments 4 times a day for the last month, and has to have them for the next 3 months. He has a nebulizer, and is using Xopenex. which is working great so far...the school nurse has a nebulizer at school, there are a lot of children needing those breathing treatments! At first, it would make him throw up all the nasty congestion every breathing treatment, which scared me half to death, I'd never seen a child do that before!! He'd be delirious with very high fever and I was afraid for him to sleep alone, because he'd choke in his sleep! He's missed quite a bit of school,too. But the last couple days the weather has been in the high 70's, and we let him out to play with his dump truck and his bicycle, but he'd get too hot and turn beet red, and have trouble breathing, and we'd have to make him come back inside.
    I hate to see a poor young'n so sick. We'll say some prayers for the little lamb to get well quickly.
    Kudzu

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

I am sorry to hear about Ben. I will pray for him. I hope he recovers soon. I know this cold virus/flu or whatever it is this year is the worst ever. My husband was sick for a month with it. I had it too but recovered faster. The nebulizer treatments work!!! Keep using that machine. I have one too and use it all the time because of my asthma. Its a life saver!!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Sure will pray for little Ben, he has to drink tho, would he drink jello that is made up with extra water so it stays liquid. I know they have pedilite??sp but don't know what it tastes like. Most folks have package of Jello around & just make it up as usual & add extra 8 oz of water to it. My kids would drink that when they wouldn't drink anything else. DD had very bad tonsils so often high fever. Once she had surgery at 4 she was fine. Prayers for Ben & Kudzu"GS- the list is getting long, we have our work cut out for us. Take care Kirk & Carol & keep your strength up too! Let us know how he is doing. Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

A hug for Ben and sending lots of prayers to all of you! And a big, loving squeeze for you too Kirk and Carol! You two are so special to us and we all love you! You guys have been through one thing after another and you could definitely use some warm weather, sunshine and a break! Know that we are praying for you and for little Ben.

Love you guys!
    Marlene

• countrygrl
    15 years ago

Kirk & Carol, I hope Ben feels better fast! I know it's hard to watch your child be so sick. I'll be praying for Ben to make a quick recovery.

Get Well Soon

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Hopefully the next update will tell us that little Ben is improving! It's so scary when our little ones are sick! Kudz hope your GS improves also! Hugs little sweeties ~tenderlee

{{gwi:77690}}

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Oh, thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Ben sees the doctor today but we're thinking he is getting better. The antibiotic seems to be working. We've been playing a game with the nebulizer and he laughs and laughs when using it. At first he screamed and screamed. Last night, I put some noodle soup with LOTS of broth in his bowl with the built in straw. HE DRANK AND ATE IT ALL. Later, he asked me for, "Juice. Juice." So, we're hoping the doctor's report will be good this morning. I'll let you know what we find out. As with everything else, this too shall pass. :o)

Oh, and the junk train arrived at our house!!!! We'll do a post about it later. We were so excited! Our daughter took JT to her room to sleep on her nightstand. :o)

Thank you for your friendships!!!! Love & Bear Hugs! Kirk

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Kirk and Carol,

Sounds like Little Ben is feeling a little better. I am so glad to hear that. If he is eating some and asking for juice that is a major thing. Glad to hear the Junk Train reached your station too. I hope you all have a wonderful time with it.

~Micki~

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

Wow, I'll be praying for Ben too! I sure he gets a good report from teh doctor. So glad that now he is getting his liquids. Making it fun drinking out of a bowl straw is fun for a 2 yr. old---then it doesn;t seem like so much work. I know popsicles would be another great way to get liquids in them--but I'm sure lil Ben doesn't want anything COLD. Hang in there Kirk and Carol.
    Love, Jules

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

I hope that Ben gets feeling better real soon.Juice and hugs are good things to make you feel better.
    glad the junk Train got to you.Have fun with it.Can't wait to hear about your adventure.It seems that the train is going to people who are not feeling well,and making them better....Love to all Joan

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

That's right Joan, it seems JT is carrying all the love around for us from house to house :-)

~tenderlee

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

I missed this post some how. Lots of prayers for the Bear family! Glad to hear that your little guy is getting some liquids in him. Lots of prayers going your way from Ohio!

~~Mimi

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Ben got a good report from the doctor today...she said he is taking "baby steps" to being well. She was pleased he has begun taking liquids. He has a terrible ear infection but she gave us medicine for that. He still needs the Nebulizer which is helping immensely! Carol stopped at the store and bought Benjamin a Thomas the Train sippee cup. As you may know, Ben LOVES Thomas, and so is drinking non-stop from the cup!!! It's been a sleepless week but with prayers and the doctor's guidance, things are better. Thank you for being there! Love and Bear Hugs! Kirk

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

WOW...this is a good night!! Ben is okay, and Sylvia's surgery went well!! Praise God!!

What a relief! Now can I go to bed? LOL I had to stay up until I knew!

{{gwi:515}}

~Sandy~

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

P * R * A * I * S * E ~~~~ GOD !!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayer Changes Things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You Jesus &
    Thank You God for WONDERFUL PARENTS WHO
    LOVE THEIR CHILDREN
    AND TAKE THEM TO DOCTORS AND NURSE THEM
    BACK TO GOOOOOOOOD HEALTH !!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    (

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kudzu and Tanya, sounds like we need to add your loved ones to our prayer list.
    Tanya, may your Mom recover sooner and thank goodness she has you to care for her during this time. Pneumonia is terribly scary in older people. (that is what I lost my Mom to, tho her lungs were weakened by severe emphysema.)
    Kudzu, your poor little grandson...what a time he's had.
    And you. May your guardian angels watch over you both and let healing truly begin.

This year seems to have stunk a bit so far for many on here, but perhaps with the good news from Kirk and Sylvia, there will be a change. Meanwhile, I think this is one heck of a Prayer Group....you guys are GOOD!!!
    Karen

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Thank Heaven that little Ben is improving! This is just for him, hugs ~tenderlee

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness, that is wonderful news about little lambykin Ben. Sure is a scary bout you guys have had. None of that other stuff that has happened has even come close to this, huh? Yep, when our children are involved, it goes to a whole nuther level!
    Do you guys know how blessed Little Ben is to have you two wonderful parents??
    You guys are angels to endure everything you have went through and still come out with your great attitude. Yes, these things shall pass, I love that attitude, Kirk and remember, if that mountain was smooth, we'd never learn to climb closer to our God. Thank God for the Dr.'s who know how to treat those little darlings like Ben. I am soooo happy he is doing better, be sure to show him all his little pictures on this post,I know he loves them! Wish I could send one, my computer wont let them go through for some reason.
    Kudzu, sounds like you have your hands full, woman. Hard enough to get around with your injury and then to take care of a sweet lil grandson is hard. You are so lucky to have your big hunky Hossfly, he is a real blessing to you and I know he has probably waited on you hand and foot. Glad your GS got to spend a little time outside and enjoy himself, he'll just have to take it slow.
    Tanya, last, but NEVER the least, my heart goes out to you for everything you are going through with your mom. I am lifting you both up in my prayers for a powerful, powerful healing and strength and peace of mind that will bring you both back to a happy peaceful life. God is good, and just waiting on us to call his name. Not only do we need him for everything, He needs us to love him back. And that's what so many of us do here is love him back by prayer, faith and worshipping him. God Bless you all, I love you so much.
    Now, I better get down from my pulpit, I feel like I'm gonna have a good ole Pentecostal runaway,(yep, born and raised in one!) with all of the prayers that everyone has asked us to pray, because, DON'T YOU KNOW, it is an HONOR and a BLESSING to pray for someone. I get such a blessing EVERYTIME I pray for any of you. I believe with all my heart, we were all meant to be here for each other.
    love you all!
    blessings-sherri
    NOW GET ON OUTTA HERE, DEVIL,IN THE BLESSED NAME OF JESUS! WE AIN'T GOT TIME FOR YOUR FOOLISHNESS, NO MORE--AMEN!!!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Oh, Kirk & Carol...that is such good news about Ben...knowing he is on his way to recovery now. Yes, as everyone said above, good doctors and nurses, and parents...and family...and friends...blessings!

Yes, prayer is so powerful and so plentiful on our GJer site...we are all truly blessed to communicate and get prayer needs out so quickly! Prayers continuing to all who posted above, Jeanne S.

• kacram
    15 years ago

((((Benjamin)))))

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Hugs to Ben, and may he have a quick recovery!
    That sippy cup will certainly help-LOL.
    Thank you Lord!
    Prayers for all.

• kacram
    15 years ago

So, how is little Benjamin?

do you call him Benny bear? LOL

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Oh, thanks for asking about Benjamin. We call him Ben, Ben Bear (Karen aka Purplemoon gave him that nickname), and yes Benny Bear! :o) He's doing soooo much better! He still receives the nebulizer breathing treatments 3 times a day until his cough is gone, and he is still getting medicine for his ear infection. (He had tubes placed in his ears but one came out a few weeks back. That's the ear he now has the infection in. The doctors are watching it.) He is doing so well now...back to his perky, happy, mellow self. He has begun "talking" up a storm. I love it when he calls his sister Olivia "Lah-Lah"! Again, thanks for asking about our little guy. Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Glad to hear little Ben is doing so much better! He's such a little sweetie wish I could reach in computer screen & give him a hug!! Now if we could just get some word on Sylvia!! Things would really be looking up!! Continued prayers for Little Ben!! Jan

• meadel
    15 years ago

Oh Kirk & Carol , I am just reading this now. I remember when my 2 year old had the same thing. It's so sad to see them sick. I am glad he is healing.
    When you're done with the nebulizer.. or even for fun. put a balloon on the end of it ! It blows them up !
    Prayers for continued health !!!
    Lori
    ( recommend yogurt/acidophilus )

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Awwwwww, how did I miss Benjamin's illness? I am very glad to hear that he is much improved! I hope he is back to his old self in no time!