Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nmgirl_gw

Junk Train 2011 has left the station!

nmgirl
13 years ago

JT and I got the box packed and on it's way! I snapped some photos to document the event.

{{gwi:77792}}

We're just about to close the lid on Campbell. JT loudly insisted we cover the box with tissue paper so you couldn't sneak a peek!

{{gwi:77794}}

Taping down the top.

{{gwi:77796}}

All done and ready to go!

{{gwi:77797}}

I should've know it wasn't going to be this easy. JT grabbed the scissors and was going to open the box. She didn't want Campbell to go.

{{gwi:77799}}

I refused to let her open the box so she and Campbell had a last chat through the cardboard. He got her calmed down. We then jumped in the car and headed to the Post Office.

{{gwi:77802}}

JT was "helping" again.

{{gwi:77803}}

Herself wanted my debit card. Ummm, not. I told her she could touch the buttons on the screen. I forgot to tell her to only touch one at a time. It took several tries to get the box processed.

{{gwi:77804}}

Filling in the label, JT didn't want you to see the address. She also wanted to play with the Sharpie. I don't think so.

{{gwi:77805}}

She wanted to open the bin but couldn't manage it.

{{gwi:77806}}

So she rode on the handle when I opened it. Campbell was yelling "Bye-bye!"

{{gwi:77807}}

JT rode the handle again. Wheeee!

{{gwi:77809}}

She just realized what had happened and tried to go after him.

{{gwi:77811}}

It was a long sniffley ride home. She's in a bit of a mood at the moment. Rocky said he'll make tea for her later and they'll sit on the back porch and chat if she wants.

So where's the Junk Train heading for it's first stop?

Here's a hint: It's the only state in America to posses a complete skeleton of an Icthyosaur.

Comments (25)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Woo! Woo! Can't wait to see where his first stop will be. Give JT an extra hug and tell her that she will see pictures of her friend soon I'm sure!

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Will do Marlene.
    She's still in a mood, didn't want tea with Rocky and went to bed early. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh boy, I can see JT has not lost any of her SPUNK!
    TFS the pics, nmgirl...I can see that it was a challenge for you to get the junk train, not only loaded, but off on down the track! With a good night's sleep, JT should be feeling better in the morning! (I hope so for your sake...a sulky "Uniqua" cannot be pleasant!) Jeanne S.

• tehuti
    13 years ago

The Junk train pulled into the station yard at 12:35 and departed at 15:10.
    The cargo did sustain a bit of damage and the shipping container had to be swapped out. The original return address was removed from the top of the container and affixed to the side. I don't know if I was the first station so I am only posting pictures of the damage that will not be forwarded.
    {{gwi:77813}}
    {{gwi:77815}}

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

nmgirl...are you starting a separate thread for posting pics of Campbell & what "loot" was left at the station. I see Robert's pic above. Jeanne S.
    (Campbell looks a little "bewiltered" among the broken glass!)

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, what a mess. I wonder why the address was moved...weird. Good thing the boxes are free!
    Robert, you were the first stop. Sorry for the disaster that landed on your doorstep.
    I'm not starting a separate photo thread. We can use this one or Robert can start another. Maybe a separate one would be better? It's a group call.

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for getting the Junk Train repaired and rolling out so fast Robert!

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Whoo Whoo! (That's a train whistle! LOL) The Junk Train arrived in Washington State today! Yahoo! LOTS of cooooool treasures. (A few glass items were broken. I think with so much cool, heavy stuff glass doesn't travel well on the train.)

Our whole family gathered around as we unpacked the train! Soooo FUN!!!! We'll be taking a few pictures soon of Campbell and posting them along with photos of what we snatched from the train! Then, we will add treasures and send it on its way soooon. :o)

Fun! Fun! Fun! Campbell is already into mischief!!!!

Whoo! Whoo! Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

Nmgirl, I want to make sure we're doing everything right. No journal this time, right? :o)

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That's right Kirk, no journal. I thought we'd leave room for treasures and do our "journaling" here on the forum.
    Sounds like the glass goodies are taking a real beating this trip.
    Ain't Campbell a hoot? JT trained him well.

• tehuti
    13 years ago

Drat! Those extra bears didn't do the job taking care of the freight. Good thing there were so few glass items.

{{gwi:77818}}

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Here's the link to the Junk Train and Campbell in Washington State. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Junk Train in WA

• kirkus
    13 years ago

We snitched a few more Teddy Bears from the box...how can you resist a bear. Then, we added LOTS of packing materials as several of the items we added are glass. Hope most of it makes it. :o) We picked up a new same size priority box as the one it was in was breaking apart. Package is sealed with a mailing label on it...ready to leave this station tomorrow. It is going to...no wait...we can't tell you, but we love to see flowers blooming on a cactus! :o) This has been fun!

Oh, we almost forgot to put Campbell back in the box! LOL We were sooo busy stuffing and fitting the contents in and using all of that bubble wrap. The next receiver should open with care so nothing breaks. :o)

Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Anxious to hear if the Junk Train reached its next destination in Arizona. Train left Washington state Tuesday, Feb. 22nd. Hope the train made it to Arizona. :o)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Just got back from post office. YES, Junk Train arrived safely in Arizona. Will post pics later. Just wanted all to know it is here!!!

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Yahooooo! Glad the train is on track! :o)

• nmgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah!
    Tell Campbell "Ola!" for me and JT.

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

It was a hoot having Campbell come and visit me in Arizona. I was not able to pick him up on Fri. so he had to sit and wait for me to pick him up on Mon. He was very upset but alls well that ends well.We enjoyed having him here. Now he is on the way to "a city born from the ruins of a former civilization" located right here in Arizona!!
    Postmaster said he should arrive there sometime tomorrow.
    Will post pics later when I have uploaded them to photobucket.

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

I hope Campbell appreciates how much he is getting to travel. I'm so jealous.

Max

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Hopefully here is a link to the Junk Train in Arizona.
    If it works thanks to jeannespines if it doesn't thanks to me and my computer illiteracy!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Junk Train and Campbell in Arizona (lots of pics)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Here's a link to Purplemoon's Junk Train Visit in Phoenix. Lots of great pics of Campbell!

Here is a link that might be useful: Campbell and Junk Train in Phoenix

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Just wondering how our little ole Campbell, the traveler is doing in Luling,Tx. Wonder how much mischief he is trying to get into!!!!!Puggranny, you watch out for that little rascal, he is full of it!!! Can't wait to see his adventures at your house!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Here's a link to Campbell's stop in Arkansas...excessfroufrou's!

Just take a look at her gardens (& GJ), BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Campbell in Arkansas after detour

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Here's a link to "link to Campbell's Journey album" where "Old Crafty posted her pics of Campbell's visit!
    More great GJ to look at!! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Crafty's pics in

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Here's a link to "puggranny's" stop in TX! Didn't see it posted here...so am adding the link...out of order, but it's here, anyway.

Flamingoes & power tools...OMGosh! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Puggranny's link

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Here's a link to Campbell's stop in IOWA ... the ol' Junk Train rolled in yesterday...it's been to many other places...anybody want to add their 'stops' on here. Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Campbell Arrived in Iowa