kudzukween

where is craftylady-sal??

kudzukween
15 years ago

hope all is well with you and family!

Comments (6)

• craftylady-2006
    15 years ago

Hi Kudz and everyone! No I didn't drop off the face of the earth. I've been very busy doing lots of crafty things actually. I found new venues in papercrafting and am just thrilled over it. My sis does homemade cards and at first I was just doing vintage pics on cardstock with embellishments such as ribbons and buttons but now I've taken the plunge into making cards and I'm just loving it.

I purchased a computer photo program last year and am learning it here and there. It is time consuming but oh, so much fun! I got it on eBay and it didn't come with a manual so I purchased one and then searched online for tutorials and the next thing I know, I'm into digital scrapbooking. I was just thrilled as ever to learn how to make polka dot and plaid papers.

Next was making Christmas hang tags. With the photo program I'd use the digital scrapbooking stuff and personalize them with names and Christmas sentiments. I'd put them on cardstock with the ribbons and buttons, glitter, etc. Again, oh so much fun. It made me very proud to hear my family and friends say they just loved 'em. One sis was going to keep several of them and make a hang tag feather tree using them. Another sis used them on gifts for friends of theirs and she told me how this one Mom was saying to her kids as they opened their gifts, "don't rip the tag, don't rip the tag." She wanted to also put them on her tree.

I've also been doing some sewing here and there. Making some decorations for the holidays and Christmas stockings for my son, DIL and Granddaughter. I wish I had an embroidery machine but I don't so I used the iron applique letters to spell out their names. I used that white feather boa stuff to trim around the cuffs. They were a huge hit!

Oh don't get me wrong - if I spy some great GJ finds folks are getting rid of, my car knows to pull over so I can snatch it right up. I still haven't done anything with that great white metal bed frame I found last year but you can rest assure it will be made into something for outside. I'd love to make a bench out of it but where the seat would be attached is too low and it covers up the ornamentation if I put it higher. I might take it to someone who does welding and see what they can come up with.

I apologize I haven't been in the forums lately. I have posted here and there but not enough. I will be better and check in more often because ya'll good folks are family and friends to me and I enjoy your company so much.

Hugs,

Sal

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Glad to hear you're ok and just been (super) busy. It sounds like you are really enjoying your new craft venue very much. Even tho that's keeping you so occupied, I'm sure happy to hear you'll be checking in here and still doing some GJ things too. I've missed you posting.

{{gwi:77274}}

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was getting worried about you, Sal! I'm glad to know all is well and to hear about the digital scrapbooking. I sure do drool over the Blushbutter stuff, it's beautiful, and that's a hobby I want to get into myself.

• mig.digitizing
    14 years ago

Gone are the days when no one was particularly interested in embroidery work due to the hard complexities it comprised of. Nowadays, it's even much easier and faster to learn and perform at the same time, thanks to the amazing technology advancement that has made the process more fun.

Now, have you ever heard of embroidery digitizing? Its basically feeding digital information into a PC using a digital dossier, or scanned objects for that matter, and then custom digitizing it by making a few adjustments on the solidity settings, stitch styles and directions, in order to come up with a more perfect needlework design.

It's more like re-creating a given image in the way you want by the help of special needlework software and then later saving it in a certain code. So, how does the embroidery digitizing method work? The first major step that you have to check is whether you have the desired digital program software that mainly deals in needlework projects.

Here is a link that might be useful: Digitizing

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

mig-digit- this is not for advertising your product! Hi! Craftylady! I've missed seeing you on here too. Several are missing. Msmitoagain was so much fun & hope lady that used to be Cape Cod ?? is OK too. Suzy Sunshine disappeared too. I think it may have been when GJ got a computer virus. Jan

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Good hearing an update from you, craftylady...sounds like you are enjoying your new photo program...I love pics & enjoy everything you are talking about, too! so much fun! It's an amazing age of "digital!" Aren't we lucky!

Good to see you post, too, kudzu! I love looking at your creations! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES