Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akup_a

Our SusieRose

akup_a
15 years ago

I sure miss her happy postings. I'm assuming she did get to take the trip to see her Dad. I'm praying that all is well.

Vickie

Comments (9)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

How precious you are Vickie. Thank you for showing such kindness and care. I want to hug every single one of you who prayed and not let go!!! If I had ya'll here, you would have tears and snot all over your shoulders. I began to feel your prayers and support. You were there!!! Thank you.

I did not get to go. My step-Dad does not want me to come! He is allowing his sister to take care of him. She is a geriatric RN/LP who is not working right now (I can see God in that!!! But I still keep wanting to be there and I may have to disobey him.). His situation is serious enough that he doesn't want me there crying and feeling helpless (I had back surgery and I'm no great helper.). We talk each day for an hour or so. I tell him about the forum and about what I'm planning to make. He is amazed by it all. We talk about scripture and philosphies about scriptures. He is totally willing to "go on and be with the LORD". If he gets to stay here he wants to start a ministry to shuttle people to Chemo treatments.

Thank you for being the wonderful group of people that you are.

Susie

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

susieroses...How GOOD to hear from you...you have been in thought and prayer...thank you for the update on your Dad.

I think it is so wonderful that you can both talk each day...you may feel helpless sometimes but it sure sounds from your note that God has provided the support he needs...He has you talkin' every day & has a good qualified nurse, who is also family! Bless you, susie, as you go through this.

Ahh, I'm used to snot and tears!!! So, don't fret...I got a new washing machine! Prayers and good thoughts coming for you and your family. Jeanne S.

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

SusieRose,

Your step-dad sounds like an amazing man. I will pray that he gets to start the ministry that he wants to. I have been praying for you and your family as well as for him. And I will continue to do so. The Lord is with all of you.

~Micki~

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

SusieRose, I'm so glad to hear from you. And I second all that Jeanne said, and Micki. How wonderful you and your Dad are getting these long conversations. He is blessed to have you and his sister.
    Prayers will continue, hang in there Beautiful Lady!

{{gwi:77274}}

• leveta
    15 years ago

I'm not a person of many words, but what I do say is from the deepest part pf my heart...You and your dad are always in my thoughts, therefore also in my prayers....

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Glad you worked it out with your dad,sometimes they don't want you to see the day to day stuff . You are probably doing more to brighten his days by being on phone with him. Glad he has a sister with him. Family is always nicer to have around. I miss your posts, too! You & Kudzu crack me up. I stayed home 3 yrs ago when my son had broken neck- I could have spent all my money on plane & gotten back there & been a mess from my headaches so his wife could care for 2 of us or I could stay home & call daily like you are doing & I took the money & paid his bills so he didn't lose his house, S.D. never heard of disability ins. for workers so if he doesn't work he gets "O" Wife works at WalMart. Then he got a care package from me each week, cookies, brownies, notes, lotion,warm winter stuff for head etc. pics in email etc. kind of walked him through it. On bad days it was 2-3 hrs on phone. I think I used up couple of 1200 min. phone cards. Worth it. We do what we need to do. You are both in my prayers daily! Jan

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Susie, Carol and I will continue to pray for you and your step-Dad. You're a great daughter! I'm so glad you're having such blessed conversations. So good to hear from you too! You always perk up our forum! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Susie~
    You and your Daddy continue to be in my prayers as with all the other GJers here. It's a wonderful thing that you spend time with him on the phone just talking. Sometimes people just want to talk and be heard. I'm sure he doesn't want to worry you even more by seeing him and having your daily call is a highlight of his day. God bless you girl!

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Susie, so happy to hear from you!!! We have missed your ray of sunshine that you bring!! I know you want to be with your dad and it is hard, you just hafta follow your heart and let God guide you in what to do. It sounds like your Dad loves you so much that he can't bear to put you through seeing him like this. I know your phone calls to him brings him so much happiness, shoot, I'd even call you when I was down, I know YOU could make me laugh!!! I am thankful that he has his sister there to attend to him and make him more comfortable. Keep the Faith and always believe in miracles, they happen all the time!
    blessings-sherri