Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Spring Fling

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

Grandma Cindy emailed me and asked me to post on the forum and let everyone know that she has had so many things happen in her family as of late (mom is sick, sister fell and broke her hip) that she will be unable to coordinate a Spring Fling this year. Do we have any other takers or would you prefer to wait a bit? I'll be happy to help the coordinator, but I'm just too busy at work to be the main person in the spring. Post your opinions please and we'll make a decision on whether or not to have a fling! ;-)

Comments (16)

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

What is involved in being the coordinator?

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Being the coordinator means you are the one responsible for posting instructions as was done with the Secret Santa. You will have collect the emails sent to you of folks who want to sign up, keep track of that info, and when it's time, you will "assign" people their person to buy for. Later you should send out reminders and keep track of who has received their gifts, etc. so you can remind those who are late. I will be happy to help you if you need it.

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

How many people have signed up in the past? When should we start? I would definitely need your help.

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, we haven't had a spring fling before, only the Secret Santa exchange. This was to have been a trial run for the Spring Fling. If you type in spring fling, the original posts should come up. You can start anytime you wish.

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Marlene, I have a very cute visitor who is thinking of taking on the role of coordinator. (She is a treasure from GW.) Will you please forward me a copy of the email you sent to Grandma Cindy with the Spring Fling suggestions/guidelines?

BTW, my visitor showed up dressed for tomorrow's weather forecast.... sunny with snow showers. I'll have to find her something to put on under her raincoast since it's only going to be 30 degrees here in Minnesota.

{{gwi:77936}}

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

So sorry to hear about grandma cindy's family problems. Pray that everyone heals and things turn out alright for her family. Thanks to her for her willingness to try. Sorry it did not work out.
    Hope "a girl named max" and her cute visitor are able to
    take on the job. If not maybe we can wait a bit and see about it in another month or so.
    Let's hear some suggestions from our other garden junk friends.What would you like to do?

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Didn't we do a Christmas in July thing in the past? Ding dang, I should remember this thing. It was a lot of fun because you could actually share gifts with people that they could put right into their gardens. Gosh wasn't the "call" Gardyloo?

• mjowest
    13 years ago

I am willing to coordinate this, if you want me to!

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Yep, Luna, you're right. We did do a Christmas in July a little less than 2 years ago. Carol and I organized it. It was sooo much fun. Hoping the Spring Fling gets going. :o) I'll post the picture links to the Summer Junk Jamboree. :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Summer Junk Jamboree Part 1

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Here's Part 2 of the Jamboree. :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Jamboree Part 2

• kirkus
    13 years ago

If you want to see more about the Summer Junk Jamboree (also known as Garyloo) just type Gardyloo or Summer Junk Jamboree in the Garden Junk search bar. :o)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Just wondering what is happening with Spring Fling. Is it going to happen? Do we have a coordinator? How many of us want to be part of it? I see where mojowest and a girl named max have both asked about coordinating it. Has one of them taken the job? Marlene has graciusly volunteered to guide whoever takes it along. I looked at the Summer Junk Jamboree posted by "bear hugs" Kirkus, and it looked like everyone had a blast!!!! I have lots of "treasures" I would like to share with someone. It would be such a refreshing way to welcome spring after all this "BRRRRR" cold weather all of us have been experiencing. Some of you worse then others!!!!! Signs of spring are beginning to be seen all around here. Farmers are cultivating the land for planting,garden plots are being ready, seed packets can be found at the store, and cute yard things are being sold too. Spring Fever will soon be the contagious desease all of us garden junkers will be feeling the symptoms of. LOL

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Count me in.....Who ever decides to co-ordinate needs to just jump in and get started........cause SPRING IS IN THE AIR!!!!!!! And I found the CUTEST fairy house at the TS this morning that's just alooking for a new home!.....among other treasures I have already gathered up! My vote is to get it going.

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I don't think we have a coordinator....Grandma Cindy and Max both have a lot going on at the moment, so unless someone else wants to coordinate the Spring Fling, I think it won't be happening....I am willing to help out and I also have stuff to send, just too busy at work to be the main coordinator right now. Let me know if some of you other folks want to give it go!

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Hi,

I'd be happy to coordinate a Spring Fling with Marlene's guidance. Not so sure about a summer event though because I hope to go back to college this summer.

Everyone please "chirp" in. Spring Fling or a Summer Junk Jamboree? Which do you prefer?

Did Old Crafty mention fairies? YES!! Last Saturday, DBF and I took five of our ten grandchildren (ages three to seven)to a Fairy Garden presentation at one of my favorite nursery centers. The kids absolutely loved it. It's starting to thaw here and I can't wait to start creating a Fairy Garden with the grandkids.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairy Gardens

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Either one is fine with me! It is just nice to be able to give things that people can use in their gardens right away instead of waiting months (like Christmas). I'm sure people would be just as happy with a Spring Fling as a Summer Jamboree. Thanks for offering to handle it!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus