Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Name the Summer Gift Exchange! Win a Prize!!

kirkus
15 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm so glad people are interested in doing a "Christmas in July" junk exchange! People have started to share ideas for a name for the exchange! Since this is "our forum", I thought we should have a contest to name the "Christmas in July" exchange! THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE A BOX OF JUNK TREASURES FROM ME! (The box will be filled with all of those things I've collected for a project but never got around to! Lots of rustic, woodsy, glass treasures! You know what I'm talking about if you collect for projects!)

So...go up to MY PAGE and e-mail me a name for the summer exchange. (Post in the title of your e-mail: "Christmas in July" so my family doesn't delete the e-mail! :o) YOU HAVE UNTIL MARCH 13th TO DO SO.

I'll then post the different ideas on the forum and people can e-mail me their votes at that time. (Like I tell my fourth graders, you won't be able to vote for your own...)

Thanks for going along with me in my CRAZINESS! It'll be fun, and I'll get to share some of my junking treasures with someone! I do ask that you be a regular poster on the forum. If you're a lurker, start posting! :o)

Start thinking of a good name for our summer gift exchange!

Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (12)

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! We've already been e-mailed a couple of great suggestions for titles! Keep the ideas coming! Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

Summer Junk Jamboree !

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've received 7 names so far for the summer gift exchange. They're all such good ideas!!! Keep the names a-coming! I spent some time yesterday collecting some cool items for the prize! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

kirk&carol
    it has been said many times here
    but again i must say with all you 2
    have been through this winter.you
    take the time to send your love and surport to others
    and keep thisfamily forum of the best people i know
    happy and amuzed
    i better stop now but just know that we love ya
    debby

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Woo hoo! We now have 12 entries in the summer gift exchange name contest! 5 more names came to our e-mail in the last 5 minutes! (I have a feeling it has something to do with GardenWeb having had trouble with their e-mail system. Seems to be working now!) Boy, these names are ALL great! It's going to be so much FUN to have the contest!

Remember, you have until March 13th to submit a name! Then, we'll have a vote! (The winner gets a junk treasure box from me...your own personal Junk Train to keep! LOL) Thanks to those who entered so far! You're all so dog-gone creative...not only in garden junk but with your words! Keep the names coming! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, Debby, Thank you for the kind words! You made our day! We love doing things like this because we love our Garden Junk friends so much! We feel so blessed by all of you! Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We now have 17 names entered in the "Name the Summer Gift Exchange Contest"! I'll post the names on March 13th, and SOMEONE will win a box of junk treasures from ME after we vote on the forum! Keep the ideas coming! The names received so far are FANTASTIC!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

You guys are awesome for not only organizing this but also for giving away prize! Sheesh, is there no end to your kindness, selflessness and generosity? lol! I'm so glad you are a part of our Garden Junk family!

• treasureforu
    15 years ago

Kirk is absolutely the best. He never seems to run out of ideas for things to do and fun ways to do them. Aren't we so lucky to have him!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

21 names for the summer junk exchange have been entered! (Do you all really want my junk?! LOL) This is going to be so much fun! Remember the contest ends on March 13th. Bear Hugs! Kirk

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bumping this up as this Friday the 13th is the deadline to enter a name for our Summer Junk Exchange! Who will win a box of junk (treasures) from ME?! :o) If you haven't entered yet and you are a regular poster on the forum, enter the contest! I'll post the names entered on the 14th, and we'll have 2 weeks (until March 27th) to vote with the winner announced on the 28th. It'll be FUN!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Summer Junk Exchange

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

I keep hoping an idea will come to me ... but so far nuttin' hunnie lol ... just a blank page .... whoever wins that box will be one lucky person!!! I was fortunate enough to come behind you and Carol on the junk train :-) ~tenderlee

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm