Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nonacook

It's not fair!!!

nonacook
14 years ago

If it is going to be soooo cold here, and they predict

snow, I should get some snow-LOL. It snowed in the

north end of the county, 25 miles away, quite a bit.

There were even a few flakes at the mall 3 miles away.

I did not even get a single solitary flake at my house!

I really wanted a little bit, not a lot like some

of you have-just a LITTLE.....It would have melted

tomorrow or the next day, but I would have enjoyed a

little. We just had tons of rain, and it will still be

29 degrees tonight!

Wonder if Kudzu had any-my sister-in-law who lives in her area did not get any.

Comments (11)

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

29 degrees and rain ??? Do you know how to ice skate ????? LOL Alittle bit of snow is always gorgeous . I'm sorry it missed you .... !

Seriously ... being in Wisconsin all my life - I love snow. We just got 14" of it ,too ! It's hard to manage , but I don't know what I'd do without it. As for rain - we were so dry for months last summer - I wish we could swap weather with each other for a bit , don't you ? That would make everybody happy then !

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

We have all kinds of snow here and the temps are about the same...our high today was 28. Come and get it. You can take all of the snow that I have in my yard...and I am sure the neighbors will let you take theirs too! I would love to share my snow with you.

• leveta
    14 years ago

Alot of ours melted today but calling for more sunday/monday...Nonacook i'd be glad to send it your way...lol

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Awww, Nona, that's not fair. And sounds like the gals might want to throw some Snowballs at you. LOL.
    (Do I dare say its 70 here?)

I heard that right now there is snow in EVERY state in the US, including FL and Hawaii. WOW, sounds like a record.

hugs, Karen

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

Nona!!! We DID get snow!! Thursday just a couple minutes, that was after enough sleet fell that it looked like a kid dumped a huge slushee that covered the whole back deck. Then it rained a lot more. This morning it snowed several different times....not just little flakes...one or two here and there...actual flurries! I made movies :D I stepped out on the front porch in my flip flops and took some photos..I worried about the sheep and the new twins that belong to the next door neighbor, and their donkey/mule/jackass....I don't know which it is!....their barn roof held snow. I made Uncle Pedro and Mamie( our dogs) come in, but they wanted out pretty quick. If they wanna be warm, they know they can come in. Of course, everyone was calling everyone...so all the people we know had snow! Oddly...during a quick trip to the dollar store( us bundled in sweaters and hoodies) I saw some characters wearing shorts and t-shirts with the sleeves cut off, flip flops on their feet. It's been 26 with wind chill all day! And this one guy stepped in the water puddles, which would've broken my toes right off! Guess he realllllly wanted that potted meat for him and his dog!!....this is down my driveway...it's been raining forever! Go to my blog and check out my "snowed in " project! Make your own seed tape...you probably have seed and newspaper and school glue or make the mixture at the link I included...a very nice site called Givers Log. She has a list of things to make inexpensively!
    {{gwi:77955}}

this is looking east to the woods

{{gwi:77956}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

• ga_karen
    14 years ago

nonacook, I must not be too far from you...about 30 mi. north of the Fl. border...we got snow last night just before dark but it had all melted by this morning!
    I had LOTS of hungry birds!

• nonacook
    Original Author
    14 years ago

GaKaren, I am in the Florida panhandle-Pensacola.
    I usually have the good/bad weather first and
    then send it on to Georgia-LOL
    I have had lots of cardinals lately and several
    different smaller birds.
    Yeah, Karen I think it was a record to have snow
    at the same time, in all the states except Hawaii.

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

I had frost this AM and I dont want it.I live further south than Orlando and it is WAY to many cold for my tropical plants!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Oh....I would be SO happy to send you some snow Nona! Wonder if I could pack some in a tub and ship it to you?

• nonacook
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the snow offers-LOL
    It's not QUITE the same as watching it float down
    from the sky! Grin

• luvs2click
    14 years ago

It's definitely been "FLOATING FROM THE SKY" all day here again - it's depressing to even look out the windows. I'm holing up in the basement working on crafts so I don't have to see it....

You can have truckloads if you want - just come get it.
    Arlene

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists