Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Winter Stained Glass Butterfly & Door Arbor

jeannespines
14 years ago

Remember this beautiful plant hanging in the door arbor my DH & I built last yr...& the stained glass butterfly...a GJ gift:

{{gwi:78056}}

Here's what it's looking like now...a small pc of Mandevilla vine still floating with the butterfly...

{{gwi:78057}}

and a view thru the Door arbor window:

{{gwi:78058}}

And, a view of one of the many cardinals feeding out in the front arbor garde{{gwi:78059}}

...this one on the shepherd hook in the snow storm..

Fun to see how the GJ changes in the seasons! THINK SPRING! Thanks for looking! Jeanne S.

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just wanted to share a few more pics of the birds feeding at the arbor outside our LR windows:

Female cardinal:

{{gwi:78060}}

I love this one..."sharing" ...Male cardinal & Junco birds:

{{gwi:78061}}

Pair of cardinals...she's leaving:

{{gwi:78062}}

Pair again...what weather!:

{{gwi:78063}}

Here's a gorgeous one...male cardinal sitting in the new maple tree we planted to replace those HUGE ones that came down ...where we built the bird arbor...the golden leaves are a big oak in bkgrd:

{{gwi:78064}}

You can even see him in the bkgrd in this pic:

{{gwi:78065}}

And even a blackbird needs to find food!:{{gwi:78066}}

So...there are SOME good things about WINTER! Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Looks like you are running a bird roost & breakfast inn!! Must be fun watching all the birds coming around. I love cardinals, they are so beautiful, my favorite bird! Great pics. Jan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

What wonderful photos. Quite the difference in your arbor!
    But the butterfly shows up great in snow. LOL.
    I can't get over the bird pictures. I love cardinals, and we don't have them in Phoenix. I never get see "pretty" birds, just brown or grey or black ones. (sighing)

hugs, Karen

• luvs2click
    14 years ago

Beautiful pictures as usual, Jeanne! I especially love the female cardinal one in your first post with the snow coming down. TFS!
    Arlene

• calicocat1967
    14 years ago

Love your pictures. The red is so vivid against the white shon. So beautiful !!!I am so jealous of your Cardinals. I have been trying to get Cardinals at my feeders for years, but no luck. When I do see one at my feeder I am sure the whole neighborhood will here me shout for joy !! LOL

Kim

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

I always enjoy when you share your photos. We don't get any cardinals here.
    Love, Jules

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I could just look at your photography all day. How wonderful. I kept thinking, how is she keeping her camera from fogging up. Are you still taking the pics through the window? That is very very clever!!!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, GJers! Yes, the Cardinals are such beautiful birds & we are always amazed at the difference in colors ...some are really bright red...depending on sunshine or shade & some are just more colorful! I use a software program that I use "auto fix" on & it changes the contrast, where needed. Photobucket also offers this in the "edit" section. Here's another one I just added to my album...I love this one...with the snow storm brewing & the gold tones of the oak tree leaves, it almost looks like a painting:

{{gwi:78067}}

And here's one that I changed to "antique look" which is more sepia-like:

{{gwi:78068}}

Yup, susieroses, these are taken thru my LR windows...I practically do acrobat positions to try to get good pics & also DH has taken the screen off the center window so I can get clear shots!

Thanks for looking! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You always have the most gorgeous pictures...you should think about using them for prints or cards! Cardinals are my favorites, so I always enjoy your pix!