Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

Lots of news

a.girl.named.max
10 years ago

Two weeks ago my dear new husband fell head over heels in love with a green-eyed beauty. She's has a great personality, she's well mannered, and she loves to travel. So she has moved in with us. The first two days were pretty traumatic but the three of us have become very good friends. She's a purr-fect housemate.

It's a good thing that our new friend likes to travel because we ordered a trailer trailer. Yippee! It's just a small 21 foot trailer but I'm soooo excited. It should be here in April.

I hope to do my college internship in professional portrait photography this summer. We will have the travel trailer by then so I can consider an internship outside of the Twin Cities. Does anyone know a portrait photographer who would like an intern this summer?

I'm also hoping to finish the remodeling on the house, do some landscaping, and garden junk projects. I have to admit that at age 63 I'm slowing down and need more rest. Maybe next year...yeah right!

Comments (6)

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

Wow! lots of good news. Have fun and good luck with your internship.
    Kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Sounds like she is a kitty since she is purr-fect!! Well, are you just putting up with her or in love with her too!! I understand they often pick their favorite person in a household & sometimes ignore the others. Enjoy her, maybe practice your portraits on her, They do tend to end up in pics! (Whether you want them or not) Good Luck on your internship, I guess the main thing is to put your subjects at ease!! My 18 mos old son was terrified of a young woman trying to get his pic. It did show in his eyes when I got the finished pic. The next time I went to different place & she squeezed a toy & he was laughing & happy & didn't even notice she was taking pics & they were great. So for me, I like a person who puts me at ease & of course notices things like, hair in your eyes or man's tie is crooked,etc. You are paying money so you want your best to show. Sounds like fun summer! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Sounds like the green eyed beauty will be a perfect traveler when you are camping! And I had to laugh when you said you were 63 and slowing down a bit....doesn't sound to me as if you're slowing down at all!

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kitty seems to spend equal time with us depending on what she wants. DH has an electric throw so when he's watching TV and has the throw turned on she's his best friend. If she wants to be pet then she turns her attention to me. We still haven't named her.

• nonacook
    10 years ago

Congrats on the new husband and the new green-eyed companion.
    My cats know about electric throws too. Each group of cats has one one their cat beds, in their various houses.
    You have a lot of living yet at 63--Keep it up!

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sad news .... On our first RV trip our new green-eyed beauty bolted out the door. We stayed an extra day but couldn't find her. DH and I were both upset but DH took it much worse. It didn't help that I left the next day for my photography internship in another state.

DH said we will never have another cat but he wouldn't let me sell the kitty's traveling cage, bowls, toys, etc. So ???

I think a small dog might be a better choice. Because of my disability I am eligible for a service dog but it is a long wait for one specifically trained for me plus I think we should fence the yard before we get a dog and that costs money. Time will tell.

The goods news is that I had an amazing internship with an awesome portrait photography in Wisconsin. If you are interested in portrait photography here is his website: www.beautifulportraits.com/home

If all goes will I graduate next May with my degree in portrait photography.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals