Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Prayer For My Dad ASAP

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

Please pray for my Step Dad (My only living parent.). He is fighting Lung Cancer in North Alabama. I am down here in Texas and have not been able to go up there. (Waiting for Hubs' business to pick up.) I may have to break away and go up there.

His name is Rick. He is in the Hospital again. This time with a blood clot in the Chemo. port emplanted in his chest. His arm is purple and doubled in size. (I guess God knows that already.) The chances are possible that the clot will burst and ...

I have cried all afternoon and I know I will have to set out on my own and drive up there. Please mention that in your prayers so that I have the Lord's endurance.

As I spoke with him today he indicated that he needed the prayers of other believers. He knows it will be OK if he passes but I get the sense that he wants to live. Susie

Comments (21)

• leveta
    15 years ago

Oh susie when it rains it pours. Foutunitlly(sp) the rain brings beautiful flowers...God Bless you and your dad...

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Oh Susie,

My prayers are with your dad and also with you. Be safe on your trip to be with him. God will be with you all>

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

You;ve got my prayers too Susie. I hope you can get there soon and safely by car.
    Love, and endurance,
    Jules

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Susie,

I'm so very sorry to hear this!

May God bless your dad, and may He be your copilot!

~Sandy~

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

Susie, My prayers are with you and your dad.have a safe trip when you get the chance to go.
    Joan

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Susiesistergirl ~ this is tough. Miracles do happen! I'm hoping for one with Rick! Be safe in your travels, and you'll be missed if you have to be gone. Maybe you'll get to go visit soon, instead of the worst, hopefully. He and you are definitely in my prayers. hugs ~tenderlee

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

Prayers going your way from Ohio! Hang in there girl!

~~Mimi

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Susie, I am so sorry to hear this. If you do go, please drive ultra careful and know that a whole lot of prayers will be accompanying you. And Rick will have plenty from here as well. We're all "family" here, and we'll help you as much as possible.

hugs, Karen

• kirkus
    15 years ago

We will be praying non-stop for you and your Dad. We will pray for safe travels for you. God bless you. Love, Kirk and Carol

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Oh Precious SusieRose ! ! !
    I'm so sorry that your heart is breaking !!!!
    I'm just sending lots of prayers your way!!!!

((((((((((((((((you & Hubs & Family))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Remember as I know you do....

God is E V E R Y W H E R E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is with your Dad & He is With YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

we are on this journey...
    just passing thru.......

H * E * A * V * E * N ~ ~ ~ IS ~ ~ ~ OUR * HOME ~ ! ! !

Lots & Lots
    of BIG ole TEXAS Prayers & Hugs for you.....
    Love,
    GOD BLESS !
    SusieSunshine

* * * Peace ! ! ! ! * * * *
    Rest In Jesus Arms ~~~ HE CARES FOR YOU ! ! !

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Susie, don't wait, GO... You need to see your dad & he needs to see you!! Prayers & God's protection to guide you on your trip!! Jan

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Sweet SusieRose, we're sorry for your woes & hope you get to go see your Daddy. Know that we are all praying for him & that you carry a little bit of each of us with you as you take this journey.
    Vickie

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Susie, Susie...I am SO sorry that your Daddy is so ill. I do know how that feels and I will definitely keep you and your father in my prayers. Our love to all of you~

Marlene

• daisydal
    15 years ago

OK, girl, you can do this. You KNOW he will never put more on you than you can handle. I have seen a strength inside of you just reading your posts on this forum and I KNOW you are a go-getter with a heck of alot of gumption about you. If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it, if I had a way to leave my job, I would go with you. Your stepdad, Rick needs you there, so make it happen and know we are sending angels to surround that vehicle and float you to Alabama. Dont EVEN think about giving that Devil a foothold in this situation, name it , claim it and give God the glory and tell that devil to take a hike. I know you are a strong woman. Take it one step at a time, pack your bag, have hubby check your oil, water and tires, make sure you pack an extra blanket and pillow, sometimes those hospitals can be tiresome so make sure you have some reading material when dad is sleeping to keep your mind busy. I know you already know these things, but during these hard times, all you are thinking with is your heart. Go with God, girl, we are behind you 101%. Dont forget your Bible and pray Gods word over Rick, (The devil hates the name of Jesus, he will flee from it!) Be strong, we're here for you and have hubs keep us informed, please. Now that I've mother-henned you, just remember this, we love and care about you! Now, go on, girl, Gods got something for ya to do.....
    blessings-sherri

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

susieroses...Prayers and good thoughts to you and your Dad and your family. May your journey be safe...lean on Hubs and figure out the best thing to do in all of this...God will take care of you and guide you. Jeanne S.

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Sherri, I agree--may the angels be around the car and also at the bedside of her Dad!

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

You and your step dad will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he is doing better now and you made it safely there to comfort him. Please take care and keep us updated!

Hugs,

Kathy

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Susierose, you & Hubs must've gone over to Ala., Hope things are going alright, I know it's a very tough situation! Thinking of you every day. Miss you. God bless. ~tenderlee

• emtnest
    15 years ago

Praying for your dad and you as well.

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Susie,
    Alot has already beens said but I just wanted you to know that God is in control and he blesses his children and never leaves us. Please stay safe and I pray he gives you the strength with his love to bare what you have too.
    take care
    Brenda

• sugarmaple
    15 years ago

Our prayers to you, your stepdad and the medical team. God bless. Colleen

Sponsored