Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

NanaGrandma in Rochester Minn

nanagrandma
15 years ago

We arrived last night, nice flight all the way thru.

Slept good because I was tired but woke up too early.

My husband who is a very early riser decided he would go check out the distance from St. Mary's Hospital to Mayo Clinic.

He came back and told me it was a nice walk.

Well by the time I got ready it was around 2 PM.

So out I went......

In one short block

I turned into a popsicle,

I had hat coat,socks, sweater, scarf hood glove I told my husband no more waling,bus rides we are taking taxi.

The hotel we are staying in is not luxorius but very family friendly they have computer internet access and their own computers we can use

But then I started thinking maybe while I was a popsicle it froze my cancer away! Con el favor de Dios.

Luvya Guys

Sylvia

Comments (21)

• leveta
    15 years ago

Glad you made it safe and sound...Your hotel sounds nice..I'd rather stay at one like that where people are nice, then a posh one where they aren't...Take care and keep warm...

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Sylvia,

I am so glad that you have arrived safe and sound. I am also glad that you have found a comfortable place to stay while you are there. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Don't turn into a popsicle while you are there. I am sure that the weather change is extreme from what you are used to in southern California. Stay warm and hopefully you will get some time to get out and enjoy yourself before you go in for the surgery.

~Micki~

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Dear NanaG ~~~
    ******************* Tons OF Special Prayers !!!!!***********
    ~~~~~~~~~~Lots & Lots of LOVE & Wonderful Thoughts!!!~~~~~

((((((((((((((((((((((YOU & Family )))))))))))))))))))))))))
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

*** Thanks for keeping us informed !!!!!!!!!!! (

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Sylvia, We are so glad you're there, and things are happening so quickly. We have been praying for you daily. WE LOVE YOUR POSITIVE ATTITUDE! You are such an inspiration to us all! Thank you for keeping us informed! Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol P.S. I actually bought long johns this year to keep warm here in the Pacific Northwest!!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

So glad you had a safe trip & found your hotel & the clinic. According to the paper it has warmed up quite a lot!!!Looked like low 30's- almost like summer!!LOL I'll guess Kirk bought the long johns after some time shoveling off the roof-wind just goes right through you. Glad you brought all your warm stuff with you Sylvia, amazing how cold you can feel tho!! Sometimes in early morning it felt so good to have that cold air on your face, really wakes you up & gets you moving fast!! This is God's way of making you appreciate your Ca. home!! It's going to be so sweet when you get back!! Hugs & prayers for good results on the tests & the surgery will soon be over. I like to read in the Bible night before surgery, just open & start reading, amazing how the passage always seems to be of encouragement ! Get lots of sleep too as it is a big difference in temp. & takes some adjusting. Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I'm sending a load of prayers accompanied by tons of WARM thoughts. Tho if you can freeze that nasty cancer's butt off, go for it! Love your spirit.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Glad you and your DH arrived safely! We'll be keeping close in our prayers and hearts this week!

HUGS,
    Marlene

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

LOL about the cold up there ... I had never experienced REAL cold until I visited Minn in January. Makes it seem just chilly here in Tenn, even though it gets plenty cold at times. It was down to 7F a couple of weeks ago during a cold spell, but it's still not as bitter as the north, never lasts too long. This week it's like spring, I'm soooo looking forward to it!

So glad to know you've arrived safely. It's going to be a very busy week starting tomorrow, and they're gonna take extra special good care of you! You are in good hands!

Hope this week will bring the best possible outcome and recovery for you Sylvia! Please know that my very best hopes, prayers, dreams, wishes are with you and your beautiful family! We'll all be anxious to hear how things are going! Love to you and yours ~tenderlee

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I think God sent some warmer temperatures to the Midwest for you Sylvia! It actually feels like spring is in the air around here. But when you aren't used to it, the 30s can seem awfully cold. I hope all goes well at the hospital and you are back home in the California sunshine in perfect health very soon!

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way!
    {{gwi:78105}}

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Yesterday was bitterly cold here too. And today is much warmer. Sounds like you are in a good place Sylvia. Stay warm Sylvia and stay in touch.
    kathy

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Sylvia,

How blessed you are to have your sweet husband to be with you! So glad that your hotel provided a way to keep in contact with us. Our hearts and minds are with you every step!!! Susie and Hubs/David

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

nanagrandma...Sylvia...so wonderful to hear from you and know you are safe and sound in Rochester. St. Mary's drs. & staff will take good care of you...so turn it over now (as you have been), relax (as you are continuing to do), lean on your family (who sound so wonderful!) and God will be watching over you all, I am positive!

Whoosh that ol' cold away! We'll hope for more rays of sunshine "up North!" Continued prayer and good thoughts coming your way, Jeanne S.

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

Hi Sylvia!

Glad to hear that you are all settled in. The cold must be shocking to someone not accustomed to it. I hope that you get a thaw like the one we are getting (finally!) here in Ohio. A little respite before it gets frigid again!

I just thought I'd let you know what my DH and two oldest boys did in January. They are all Scouters. In fact DH is the Scout Master and #2 son is the Senior Patrol Leader for our Boy Scout troop. Well these lunatics went CAMPING! The whole troop drove through the snow storm to get to the southern Ohio hills and set up camp. Everyone slept warm in tents except for my eldest. He wanted to top the troop record for "freeze" camping. That is sleeping under the stars with no tent. Well, HE DID! I reached -9 degrees that night! This just goes to prove two things that I solemnly believe. #1-CAMP is a four letter word and #2, boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them!!!!!!!

If further proof is needed, they have another camp out planned in two weeks. It is the "Freeze Campout", an annual event where they ALL sleep without tents in the cold. They cancel for only ONE reason, if the temps go above freezing!! See, testosterone does cause insanity! I know it has for me. All of those six boys (counting DH)drive me crazy!

I'm glad that you're sleeping warmly. You continue in my thoughts and prayers.

~~Mimi

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

sylvia
    glad your trip went fine.keep warm
    all are hearts and prays are with
    you.

debby

• daisydal
    15 years ago

So glad you have arrived safely. Thank you for letting us know how you are doing, we are praying for you and the Doctors. You have such a sweet spirit and you are an inspiration for us all.
    We love you and care about you!
    blessings and try to stay bundled up-Sherri

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Mimi, your post should give Sylvia a needed laugh! It sure cracked me up.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Mimi, the guys in your family remind me of the Polar Bear Club where they take a swim in Lake Michigan on New Years Day. Brrrrrrrrr. I notice when they do it is mostly men. Maybe Sylvia needs a shot of testosterone? he-he

Keep us posted Sylvia!

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

If she needs a shot of testosterone Sylvia could just breath the air in my house! I always say there's so much in the air that I have to check myself for chest hair! It's GOT to have some effect when breathed day in and day out.

I hope that you're still smiling Sylvia! you're still in our prayers.

~~Mimi

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Thinking about you, Sylvia and praying all is going well!

{{gwi:76362}}

~Sandy~

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Thinking of you, nanagrandma...and praying for a healthy recovery for you! Warmer temps for your family today up there...and lots of sunshine! Thank you, Lord! One day at a time...Jeannespines

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Thinking of you, nanagrandma...and praying for a healthy recovery for you! Warmer temps for your family today up there...and lots of sunshine! Thank you, Lord! One day at a time...Jeannespines

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner