Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xmascarolmarie

The Junk Train is in Washington State!

xmascarolmarie
15 years ago

Hi Everyone! I don't know who is more excited!? Me or my husband Kirk! The Junk Train arrived here on my birthday! We all have had soooooooo much fun looking through the treasures and enjoying JT! Kirk has been like a kid...and the Junk Train came for ME!!!!! LOL I will post pictures later as to what we kept from the wonderful treasures!

In the meantime, here is a picture of JT helping me sew a quilt for Ben. (I'll eventually post a picture of the quilt on the forum. It's a doggy quilt.)

{{gwi:78131}}

Here is a picture of JT helping me enjoy my birthday! Actually, you can see blue bottles and wine corks we have been saving for special projects! The wine corks are for birdhouses and the blue bottles are for bottle trees! The wine is for ME! LOL The wine glass you see is from Karen (purplemoon). Thank you, Karen!

{{gwi:77343}}

Here is JT helping Kirk set up his bottle tree. (This is the tree Karen, aka purplemoon, told us about from Collections, Etc. THANK YOU, KAREN!) We still need more blue bottles...will have to search for more wine! Tee hee! The tree still needs 8 more bottles! I want to find small blue bottles for the top, like the water bottles they drink from on our favorite show, Frazier. Anyone know where I can find them?

{{gwi:77345}}

{{gwi:78132}}

I hope you enjoy these pictures! Will add more later of JT with the kids! This is such FUN! We have packed the box! It will be headed forTennessee. Okay, I can't keep a secret! Tennesseetrash, you're next on the list, and we packed LOTS of rustic things in the box! I will mail it Tuesday!

Take care, everyone! Love, Carol

Comments (22)

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

Wow JT looks like she's having a ball.What a story she'll be able to tell at the end of her long trips.I'm glad she came on your B-Day.Doesn't it bring out the kid in ya?
    Joan

• leveta
    15 years ago

Oh how cute is JT...The look on her face say's it all...

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

W A Y ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ C O O L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the ~~~~~~~~~~NEWS F L A S H ! ! !
    Looks Like the J T Cutie is enjoying the
    trip inspite of ALL the white stuff (SNOW) ! ! !

You are soooooooooo sweet to let JT help
    with Baby Ben's Quilt !!!!!

The Blue Bottle tree is FAB !

THe Corks are going to be WONDERFUL !!!!

Hope All you little "BEARS" have a really
    G ~ R ~ O ~~O ~~O ~~O ~ V ~ Y time.....
    doing the
    JT Boogie !!!!

Lots of Love!
    & Prayers !
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

on JT hitting the bottle(s). From the looks of that pile of wine corks, she got pretty soused at your place. What a hoot.

Great photos for her album. Is she getting tired of snow yet? Love her little winter outfit!
    And the bottle tree looks terrific. I still haven't taken mine out of the box, project for the coming week to get it together and in some cement.

{{gwi:77274}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

JT looks like she is having lots of fun! I can't wait for her future adventures and to see what you managed to get out of the junk train!

• xmascarolmarie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are the wonderful treasures I gathered from the Junk Train. The box was packed! I took only a third of what was in there! Don't worry... I repacked the box to complete capacity for its trip to Tennessee, adding some special treasures we have collected from Washington State. (I actually picked up a new priority box (same size) from the post office today as the old one was wearing out.) What FUN! ENJOY! Carol

I'll be adding a picture tomorrow of JT with Olivia and Benjamin, and then seal the box for shipment on Tuesday! :o)

Some pretty plates...faucet handles for faucet flowers...and a curtain rod bauble for a birdhouse...

{{gwi:78133}}

Some chandelier prisms for a windchime...a little vase...some beautiful seashells from Backyardmom from her trip to Emerald Isle in North Carolina...some gems...a little wreath...and birdhouse Christmas cards.

{{gwi:78134}}

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

CarolI'm so glad that JT got to come visit you for your birthday! Happy Birthday again. Looks like she is having a ball. I'm glad you are all having fun with her. Looks like she brought some really nice junk with her on her visit. Now I can't wait to see what you make with all of that wonderful junk.

~Micki~

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

What a special treat to get JT for your birthday! And what wonderful treasures you got out of the box! Love them all!!! Sounds like you and JT have had a grand time too!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

WOOOO - WHOOOO! I HEAR THAT TRAIN A COMIN'! Tennessetrash, I'm sure you hear it too!

What awesome finds for you, Carol! Can't believe you got ALL that out of that little box!!! What fun you'll be having this summer with GJ!

JT looks so cool just hangin' around your bottle tree... and I bet she is feelin' so ***special*** after visiting your family! Thanks for sharing everything...this is so much fun seeing the progress with pics! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

WOW Carol, you got a pile of goodies. Looks like JT has been leaving plenty of room to stuff the box for everyone she visits. She's a good little "whatever", LOL. I swear, I didn't think the Secret Santa exchange could be beat for fun and excitement....but maybe I was wrong. The addition of this little mascot to the Junk Train is such a riot and I'm loving her photos.

• xmascarolmarie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are the pctures I promised of Benjamin and Olivia with JT. Like I said, JT spent the nights on Olivia's nightstand. I think she will be sad to see JT leave. :o) In the one picture, JT looks like she's whispering sweet nothings into Benjamin's ear. I wonder what she's saying! LOL Well, I have the journal done... JT is in the box... the box is packed... What a fun time we all had with JT visiting, packing the box, and finding some wonderful treasures! The box is off to Tennessee! Carol

{{gwi:78135}}

{{gwi:78136}}

{{gwi:78137}}

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Looks like JT had a great time in Wa. Got to check out the snow & visit with our good friends & their sweet kids. Ben looks a little under the weather yet hope he's well soon!! Looks nice & warm in his sleeper. Olivia is so pretty in pink & matching JT, hard to see her go.Long trip to Tn. so will be awhile before we see her again, hope it is warm there as she needs to warm up for awhile!!HOpefully she will be well rested by the time she gets there & ready to see us all again! Jan

• leveta
    15 years ago

What sweet beautiful babies they are...

• backyardmom
    15 years ago

Wow JT is lucky to have all the children to laugh and get hugs,Their are so Cute...Yesterday my GK's were here and I told them Jt was in Washington.Kylie asked if there were picture's.So I showed them your pictures that you posted.Then they asked about kids and I told them you were going to post JT with your kids,and they asked me to email them to them so they could see.I told them Jt was then going to Tenn and Kylie asked if she were going to china cause she has a doll from there.So the fun is going on the kids.Thanks for sharing Joan

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh how cute Olivia and Ben are!!! JT loved spending time with y'all, I can tell :-) She's having a diverse experience at each location! Glad JT got to play in the snow, we've only had a couple of flurries this year, and it's rapidly turning into spring around here now. We're gonna try to show her a good time in Chattanooga when she arrives!

Carol, I love the interesting assortment of goodies you chose! Look forward to see what you do with some of them! And I look forward to seeing that doggy quilt, as your quilting talent is exceptional! If my grandma who quilted could have seen your work, I can just hear this high pitched "oooooooo-oooooooo" (sung in 2 notes sort of) she would do when she saw something like a quilt or home item that she treasured. You get a big OOOOOO-OOOOOO on everything I've seen so far!!

Does Olivia show any interest in sewing? My grandma started teaching me at around her age. Of course, all girls aren't interested though, my daughter wasn't at all. She doesn't understand why I do so much work gardening either, although she doesn't seem to mind enjoyed the fruits of my labor or showing them off LOL. ~tenderlee

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Oh what sweet pictures of the kids and JT! Happy Belated Bday Carol!!! I know you had a great time with all that wine!!!(-: J/K Did you know there is a water that comes in blue bottles too. I can't remember where I saw that. Also Reisling(sp?) Comes in a smaller bottle too. You can get that at Target. I did see that one. We dont drink wine so I will keep looking for beer in blue bottles...LOL(-: How come wine only comes in pretty bottles????? Well I can't wait to see what Tennesseetrash is going to get!!!!!

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Wait a minute, who had more fun..JT or you all??!!LOL!!
    Looks like its pretty even, those were some adorable pictures of Olivia and Ben, they are so precious! Looks like Miss Junk Thang is having the time of her life! You realy got some "goodies" from the JT box, can't wait to see what your creative minds come up with next!!!
    blessings-sherri

• akup_a
    15 years ago

What a happy surprise for your birthday. Family, wine & JT! Good treasure from "the box'. I know you'll put everything to good use.
    Vickie

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Those are some precious little ones. I think this is the first pic I have seen of Olivia. She is so sweet. Ben still looks like he is feeling a little under the weather. I hope he feels better soon. Looks like they had a wonderful time playing with JT. I am sure she had just as much fun as they did. I can't wait to see her when she arrives in Tennessee. I hope she has a great trip.

~Micki~

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Awwwwwwwwww, JT with the little ones is just off the cuteness meter. I hope she's whispering to Ben Bear to get well soon. Olivia and JT dressed alike in pink is so adorable. I just want to hug on ALL of them. Can you send your kids with JT? LOL.

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Carol and I mailed the Junk Train package off after work today! It's headed to Tennessee to Tennesseetrash, and it sure is HEAVY! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Those kids are just so darned cute!!

~Sandy~

Sponsored